CHAPTER 18

"Grab the flashlight and guns, let's go." Hiroshi said to us.

After dinner, we decided to find the person that we we're looking for. We grabbed our guns and some flashlights with extra batteries for our hunt.

"It's so dark outside, how about we do this tomorrow?." Meldy suggested.

"Nah I can't sleep anyway might as well find that person to cure my curiosity." Hiroshi said.

"Likewise." I agreed to what Hiroshi said.

Meldy with no other choice, decided to go along with us.

"I thought you don't want to come?." I asked.

"I rather go with you guys than stay in that creepy old house." She replied.

"Don't worry it'll be fun." Hiroshi said while turning on his flashlight.

Outside the house was so dark. It was 7 in the evening, and the whole village was swallowed by darkness.

"Okay first let's go back to that doll shop." Hiroshi suggested.

After we decided to go, immediately we went back to the old doll store to find some possible clues.

After several minutes, we finally arrived.

"Hey, don't you think it's a bit rude to enter someone's property without the permission of the owner?." Meldy suggested.

"We aren't even sure if there's someone living inside." I said to her.

"You guys and your curiosity." Meldy said.

After the talk, we went inside to light the whole room with candles. Same with our first time entering there, we can't help but feel creeped out.

"God I hate dolls." Hiroshi said.

"Why?." I asked.

"I dunno, phobia I think." He replied.

While inside the store, we decided to take a look at the products in the shop.

"These dolls are so old, some are even older than me." I said to them.

While exploring, Hiroshi took a wooden puppet and played with it.

"Hey Meldy," Hiroshi said while imitating a cartoon character voice.

"Let's be friends forever you and me. I will visit you in your dreams." Hiroshi said again while laughing.

"Stop joking, it ain't funny." Meldy said back with a serious face.

"You're just scared I understand." I said to her.

"Yeah I'm scared what's wrong with that?." She replied to me.

"Relax nothings gonna happen." I said to her.

While exploring the ground floor, out of nowhere, we heard the piano play upstairs.

"Holy shit you guys hear that! This is why I told you to not to do something stupid." Meldy said while hiding in my back.

"Hiroshi, go!." I said to him.

He just nod, and then immediately went upstairs.

"What happened?." I asked him from the stairs.

"It so dark here." He replied.

When he said that, I decided to follow him in the second floor.

When I took a step in the second floor, it was pitch black so I decided to turn on my flashlight to see through the darkness.

But when I opened my flashlight, I almost dropped my flashlight on the floor when I saw a creepy looking mannequin standing in front of me.

"This mannequin is trying to give me a heart attack,"

"Hiroshi, where are you?. " I shouted.

"Here, damn it I can't see." He replied.

"I'll be there." I said to him while holding Meldy's hand.

When I went to the room, I found Hiroshi sitting on the floor near the door.

"Hey, what happened?." I asked.

"There was someone here earlier. I didn't see it, but I felt that it was there lurking in the dark." He said.

When I spotted the room with my flashlight, there was someone in the piano. A vintage mannequin was sitting beside it, but surprisingly, there was no person inside.

"The piano sound stopped when I entered the room." Hiroshi said.

"That mannequin was not there when we entered here earlier in the afternoon," Meldy said.

"See, this is why I told you to stop this exploration nonsense." Meldy added.

"It can't be a mannequin, I really felt that someone was here." Hiroshi said.

"Too bad I forgot to give you the flashlight." I said to him.

"No, It was me who forgot to bring it." Hiroshi said.

Inside the room, Hiroshi tried to find a hole or exit that the person used earlier that night.

"Maybe, he escaped using a door or a hole somewhere here. Let's find it." Hiroshi suggested.

After what he said, I also tried to find the hidden exit, but after several minutes of finding, there was no sign of an exit or hidden door inside.

"Outside the village, there might be some clues everywhere." I said to them.

After we decided to find clues outside the town, we immediately went downstairs.

"Hey, where's that mannequin?." Meldy asked.

Without any idea of what's happening, we ran towards the entrance of the store.

But when we got outside,

We were all shocked when we saw the angel statue in the entrance of the village earlier, standing in front of the store in the street.

"What the fck is this?." Hiroshi said while looking at the statue.

"Maybe it was Mindamaru, maybe she's trying to warn us to get out from this village." Meldy said to us while crying.

Because of what we just saw, we were really shocked to see the angel statue standing in front of us. It was a big statue so you can't really move that one so easily.

We were speechless, we can't say anything because honestly we can't imagine how the angel moved from the entrance of the village to the front of the doll store in the streets.

"You can't transport something like this so easily." Hiroshi said.

When I tried to lift the statue, it was heavy but not so heavy. Like you can lift it by yourself, but it would take time if you will move it from the entrance to the doll store.

"You can carry it, so that person must have carried this statue from the entrance to here." I said to them.

"Yeah, but how? It was way too fast, what kind of person can possibly do that." Meldy asked.

"It can't be a car. I hate to say this but this is way beyond our understanding." Hiroshi said.

"Hey guys, I might have an idea" I said to them.

"What is it?." Hiroshi asked.

"Maybe the person that we're trying to find, is not alone."