CHAPTER 37

"Hey where's the Occisor?." Hiroshi asked.

"She left already." I replied.

"Not too friendly aye."

"Don't worry about her, she must have an important mission to attend to."

"Let's continue our training." Meldy suddenly interrupted.

"Ah yeahhh okayyy."

Two weeks after the escape, we were getting ready for our training at the forest near the village. For the whole two weeks of doing nothing, we were just focusing on our recovery so we felt that it was time for real action.

With our wounds slowly recovering during that time, we spent the time left to strengthen ourselves. Physically and mentally, we trained ourselves more in order to become fit in a battle.

Starting from 4 in the morning, our usual routine in training includes,  ascending and descending the mountain 4 times. Then after that was muscle building. Using the logs that we found, we made them as a substitute for a lift. Then, practice sparring match for self defense. After the basic trainings, we then separate ourselves for our specialty training. Hiroshi would usually isolate himself on the vineyard part of the forest to master his swordsmanship. Meldy would go towards the tall tree part of the forest to practice parkour and as for me, I took the marksmanship training for myself.

"A pistol would be great for a close range combat." I said to myself.

Using the pistols, I practiced shooting some targets while moving. It was hard to aim because I was constantly moving so the training cost me a lot of patience to master. I also practiced my sniper and hunting skills by practice shooting some animals in the area, including rabbits, deers, and other animals. The more I kill some animals, the more we have food so it's a win-win.

I was walking in the area outside the village to find a target to practice when I found myself standing in front of the creepy looking angel statue. It was so old making it more creepy than the other angel statues that we encountered. I was about to leave it when I noticed a small writing on the base part of the statue.

"Every soul left on earth would eventually come to the afterlife. Life is just a borrowed time, and soon enough we will also return the life we owe. It doesn't matter if you did something terrible or you did something good. All of us will die and and all of us will become worthless."

When I read the writings, I didn't completely understand so I just walked away and continued my training.

..........

9 months of training and I felt that we gained a lot from our sacrifices. Our body became fit and our speed were way more faster than before. During the 9 months of training, our body stats became better. From agilty stamina, strength, I'll say that the 9 months of training was a success. It was a hard and harsh training but worth it.

Hiroshi somehow enhanced his swordsmanship. Meldy gained a lot of agility and stamina in climbing and running due to the parkour training and I improved my target shooting and hunting.

"Ah we learned a lot from this training." Hiroshi said to us while lying himself to the ground to relax.

"Yeah, this is better." I replied.

"By the way, where is the Occisor again?." I asked.

"I don't know, she's not always present so I really don't know." Hiroshi replied.

During the months of training, the Occisor was not really present at all times. The only time where I can see her physically was always in the night time. During daytime, she was always away so we didn't really mind.

"I shot some rabbit today, how about we cook this rabbit for a stew tonight?." I suggested.

"Oh sweet meat yeah let's go."

Back to the old house across the old doll store owned by The Occisor's late grandfather, we cooked the dead rabbit that I caught while target shooting in the forest. Meldy knew how to cook meat, so she handled the cooking. Hiroshi and I just relaxed in on the floor to settle.

"Hey, is that a phonograph?." Hiroshi asked while looking at the old music player on the old table.

"Yeah an old phonograph." I replied.

Together we went to take a look at the old phonograph on the old big drawer. It was filled with dust and webs but despite from the appearance, it was still playable.

"I'll just imagine Miki Matsubara's voice." He said while closing his eyes to imagine.

"City pop huh. You also like those songs?." I asked.

"Yeah especially wash, it's a substitute for relaxation."

"Dinner's ready!." Meldy yelled from the kitchen.

On a table, Meldy took the hot pot of stew from the kitchen and served us portions of meat and soup.

"Damn, everytime I eat meat I always remember the human meat that we ate in the old Margarette's house." I said to them.

"What in the actual fuck, you ate a human meat?!." Hiroshi asked.

"Well technically yeah."

"You guys are fucking cannibals." Hiroshi said while looking at us.

"Calm down, we didn't know it was human." Meldy added.

"Yeah, we were tricked that's what happened."

"Well, the taste? How's the taste of human meat?." Hiroshi curiously asked.

"I don't know, tastes like regular meat.  You wouldn't even notice if cooked properly." I replied.

"That's sick man. You guys are losing my appetite."

"I told you we didn't know." I explained once again.

"Just kidding man, I understand." He just smiled and went back to eat.

"Wanna taste Kikiri when we kill him?." I asked.

"Dude, seriously you need treatment." He replied.

"Just kidding dumb dumb."

Then we just laughed while enjoying the warm appetizing meal that we had.