CHAPTER 26

"They're not humans!." Hiroshi shouted.

"Calm down I know you're infuriated by that but we need to stay low. We are here to observe not to face trouble." Meldy explained while tapping her back.

"I feel sorry for the waitress, she didn't deserve that."

"let's just go home for now, we need to cool off our head." I suggested.

"Are we going back to the Montreal?." Meldy asked.

"Yeah same as before, we will use the ladder to ascend towards the attic in the montreal." I replied.

We then went back to the goldmine to ascend in the ladder towards the Montreal Village.

*************

"And now we're back with this crappy house." Meldy said.

"I'll go to bed don't wake me up." Hiroshi said while lying in the foam.

"We could go to the hotel or stay in a very fancy place, we have the Mucra with us why are we still sleeping in this creepy village?." Meldy asked.

"Atleast here we can feel safe from enemies." I explained.

"Hey, the mysterious person living in this village will kill us in our sleep, remember we forgot about the red thread ball bullshit that he was talking about."

"Don't worry tommorow, we will find that. There's no deadline for this so chill." I replied.

"Chill? Really? If we're in a hotel right now then I can say for sure that I can go chillin, but we are here at the village, we don't know in our sleep the mysterious person will end our lives without us noticing." She explained.

"Don't worry, it will not happen. Hiroshi and I will take turns in guarding."

"Okay since Hiroshi was asleep you go guard us tonight." She said.

"Yeah sure no problem, just sleep peacefully."

....

It was 8 in the morning when I woke up, Hiroshi and Meldy was heating some canned goods in the kitchen.

"I thought we are gonna use the Mucra pass for our breakfast?." I asked.

"I rather eat this mettalic flavored canned good meal rather than eating  delicious breakfast meal while watching a brutal and inhumane entertainment ." Hiroshi explained.

"Okay I understand."

Truth set straight, that restaurant was really horrible. The food were delicious but the costumers were half rotten.

"Let's go back to the town today." I suggested.

"Okay."

After we had our breakfast we went back to the town to explore of the place. Then while walking, we noticed a pack of people in a plaza, watching something so we decided to take a look.

"That's what you get for being a cat burglar." The man inside the crowd shouted.

"What? Whats happening?." I asked.

"The cashier in the dressshop was caught today wearing an expensive diamond necklace in her neck, the owner was skeptical so he punished the woman." The man beside us explained.

"Diamond necklace? Hey Hiroshi, about that necklace." Meldy said.

"Yeah, it might be her." Hiroshi replied.

After clearing the crowd, we cleared a space for us to see what's going on in the plaza. Then the first time we laid our sight, what we saw was truly horrifying, immoral, and brutal. Alice, the cashier girl that we met before was hanged in a stage. Her body was full of wounds and blood and while she was hanged, a lot of people was hitting her with different kinds of deadly things such as sticks, sickle, machete, knives, and many more.

It's like a human piñata, where the people around are beating her in unison.

"Hiroshi, she was accused of stealing." I said to him.

"But, but, but,...I gave her...the reciept of the..necklace." Hiroshi replied.

"I'm gonna save her!." Hiroshi exclaimed.

"No! we are totally unknown in this area, even if we have this Mucra pass with us, it will only cause confusion and commotion." I explained.

"Yeah, we might get the attention of the guards and royalties, if in any case that will happen they will surely conduct an investigation to us." Meldy added.

"Yeah we must be in low profile for a while."

After minutes of beating and beating, the poor Alice exhaled her last breath indicating her death. With the amount of beatings and damage that the people did to her, her body finally gave up. Hiroshi on the other hand was crying because of regret and guilt.

"It was my fault, I gave her that necklace." Hiroshi said while crying his frustration.

"It's not your fault, you gave her a receipt, that receipt was supposed to be an evidence that you purchased that necklace for her." I explained.

"But it wasn't enough so it was my fault." He replied.

"It's not your fault, this type of society is."

After the brutal execution of Alice, we decided to go back to the goldmine to chill our ass off. There's too much stress and emotional rollercoaster riding in our individual minds.

"I want to avenge her death." Hiroshi said with a serious face.

For me, the death of Alice was something to take. The anger that we felt was burning inside our bodies yet we can't do something about Alice's death because we were powerless.

We were just taking a rest under the big tree of mango near the entrance of the tunnel. Without any conversation on going, we were just staring at the place until 5 PM in the evening.

Everyone was speechless, they're thinking too much of what happened. In my own, I can't blame them for thinking too much about Alice. She was just a normal cashier girl honestly working in the clothing store. Was it because she was poor that is why she was accused of stealing? Her status was the reason of her death. In this town, if you're poor you're poor, you have no right to own things. Things like expensive things can only be owned by the rich. Even the receipt of purchase was not a clear evidence of her innocence.

Injustice, that's what it is. They didn't even put her in a court for a hearing, they all passed judgement to her without letting her explain her side. It's not that it's rare or what, even in the city on where I lived, Injustice was a very common thing. The rich will always win, and if you're poor, then it's decided.

So much things were going on my mind that day.

"I can help you."

"Who was that?." I asked when I heard an unfamiliar voice.

"Up there." Meldy said while pointing towards the topmost branch of the tree.

"What?." Hiroshi replied while slowly moving his attention towards the location where Meldy was pointing.

Then there.....what we literally saw was very very very unexpected.

"I can help you avenge her death."