𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚛𝚒𝚘𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚐

tw mentions of blood and violence

the electricity had cut off due to the storm, there was no light on the streets or in any homes. total blackout.
isla grabbed some matches from the bedside table and lit the candle next to their bed before turning back to look at nick.
"do you think everything will be ok?"
"probably not. we might want to put up the boards on the windows before they get smashed. come on."

grabbing two hammers and some nails, the couple boarded up the windows away from the damage their classmates were making up the street.
"should we go check on everyone?" isla asked, looking at nick.
"i dont know love." he said looking at his shoes
"kelly is out there, shes the only family i have left nick!" isla walked closer to her boyfriend, tilting his head to look at her.
"fine, but any sign of danger near you, we are getting kelly and leaving."
"deal" isla kissed him lightly before grabbing a coat and a flashlight.
isla dragged nick from their home and onto the dark streets which were becoming increasingly more dangerous as the testosterone builds.
as a car was lit on fire, isla found kelly and will. quickly pulling her cousin into a hug, they both checked the other was ok.
"what the fuck?!" someone voiced behind them.
isla turned to see gordie and cassandra. nick pulled isla into his body as footsteps were heard over the rain and the damage being made to the town. harry and allie had approached the group, which made cassandra get suspicious of her sister and high school enemy.
there was a smashed window behind them, which immediately set nick on edge to try to pull isla out of the streets and to safety.
"nick" isla whispered setting a hand on his chest.
"isla, you promised." nick spoke, urgency present in his tone.
"ok, calm down. we'll go now."
saying bye to the group, the two moved away from the violence before someone pushed past them and knocked isla onto the ground in the process.
"watch where youre going!" nick growled while helping her up, seeing her knees and hands had scraped against the rough floor.
"its ok. drop it nick, please."
"he pushed you."
"im alive, arent i?"
"yes but-"
"lets go nick, i need to clean these." she pulled her boyfriend into their home.
nick immediately grabbed the first aid kit from the kitchen before lifting isla onto the countertop.
"its gonna sting." he murmured feeling like a scolded child because his tiny girlfriend had told him off.
"look at me nick."
he replied by shaking his head and continued disinfecting the cut.
"please babe" she begged after her applied the plasters to her hands and knees.
he looked at her, grabbing her face in his hands while sighing.
"im sorry" he whispered.
"you dont need to be sorry nick, im ok and youre ok. thats all that matters."
"but..."
"nick, lets just go to bed ok?"
"sure, did you put out that candle before we left?"
"shit!" she muttered, running up the smalll set of stairs.
"baby!"

𝚎𝚗𝚍 𝚘𝚏 𝚎𝚙𝚒𝚜𝚘𝚍𝚎 𝟸