𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚘𝚕𝚊𝚛 𝚎𝚌𝚕𝚒𝚙𝚜𝚎

𝙴𝚙𝚒𝚜𝚘𝚍𝚎 𝟸 (𝚕𝚘𝚠𝚎𝚛𝚌𝚊𝚜𝚎 𝚒𝚗𝚝𝚎𝚗𝚍𝚎𝚍)

𝙴𝚙𝚒𝚜𝚘𝚍𝚎 𝟸
(𝚕𝚘𝚠𝚎𝚛𝚌𝚊𝚜𝚎 𝚒𝚗𝚝𝚎𝚗𝚍𝚎𝚍)

isla and nick began walking to the green, which had become the new meeting place for all of the teenagers in new ham. nick had a firm, reassuring grasp on islas soft, small hand, hands which contrasted his large, calloused one.
"i wanted to talk to you about something," he said drawing them both out of the comfortable silence they had, once they sat down nick pulled isla into his lap and held her flush against his chest.
" i lo-"
he was quickly cut off by the sky going dark, the sun had gone due to the solar eclipse.
"holy shit" everyone looked up
"you shouldnt look directly at it, youll damage your eyesight" isla told nick, pulling his face to come level with hers.
"we asked for a sign," lexi said to the girls that she was meditating with seconds earlier.
"what does it mean?" someone else chimed in.
"fucking hell" nick muttered shaking his head, before quickly putting it in the crook of islas neck
"it doesnt mean anything! its a fucking solar eclipse, its not a sign. its a predictable astronomical event," everyone began to look at each other when gordie said this, "just dont stare at it and well be fine"

as everyone was still believing that the solar eclipse could be a sign, isla sighed and stood up whilst grabbing nicks hand to get him to come with her.
"can we go get coffee?" she asked.
"uh, sure, yeah." nick muttered awkwardly.
"what were you gonna tell me earlier? you know, before the solar eclipse."
"just that i, uh, love that dress on you. it makes your eyes pop." he randomly made up an excuse to not admit that he was, in fact, in love with his new girlfriend.
"oh right, thanks nick." she said smiling widely at his compliment, pressing a light kiss to the boys cheek and then on his lips.
"no wait, come back." nick pulled isla back into another kiss, slowly pulling them to a stop on the empty street. nick looked around before slowly moving isla closer to the wall, knowing she would feel uncomfortable if she knew someone had seen them like this.
"nick..." isla whispered after they pulled away for a breath.
"yeah..." he whispered back, not wanting to break the serenity that surrounded them.
"you're amazing, you know that right?" isla muttered stroking his cheek softly in a loving manner.
"shhh... i just need one more" he said kissing her again before pulling away completely and smoothing both of their clothes down.