𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚗𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝𝚜

tw mentions of guns

tw mentions of guns

tensions had begun to rise, people were scared. someone had murdered cassandra and no one knew anything. the ideas floating around, theories about what happened. some were trying to get on but it was hard. allie had become a shell of herself, obsessing over her death; unable to get rid of the thought of her death. it was haunting, the regret of what happened.
people had begun to arm themselves: guns, bats, knives. anything they thought would bring some form of protection, isla knew this because she watched them run through the streets carrying them as they went to lock themselves back inside. the couple had already out up boards on the windows and partially barricaded the doors, enough to keep people out but they could move them in case of an emergency in the back door.
"they're going crazy." isla muttered as nick wrapped his arms around her waist, joining her in watching the paranoia and tensions rise.
"things have changed, people need to be led. we don't have a leader."
"are we safe?"
hearing her soft voice barely push out the words, he spun her around.
"i will protect us, you, till my last dying breath. you know that my love."
"but i don't want you to die."
"i promise you, i will stay with you for as long as humanly possible. it's always going to be us."
"thank you." isla sighed, hugging him.
"for what, my dear?"
"for being there. when all of this went to shit, i thought i'd be alone. i was always alone, kelly tried but she wouldn't have stayed."
"i'll always stay. i'm so glad i pretended i didn't have a lighter."
"wait, you had a lighter that night?"
"yeah" nick laughed as isla hit his chest, "how else was i going to get the pretty girl?"

the town's people were in the cafeteria a few days after, when the tensions finally reached the boiling point and everything hit the fan. two people began arguing and the anxiety that people now had meant that they were becoming more agitated as they argued. one of the boys got pushed to the ground and a gun shot went off.
nick grabbed isla and pulled her under the bleachers where they were stood. people began screaming as more guns were pulled as a result of the gunshot. everyone telling each other to drop their gun showed how little control was present. someone then pulled the fire alarm which meant everyone ran as fast as they could out of the gym.
if things continued as they were, more people would die and there would be no order.