𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚌𝚊𝚏𝚎

"SO what do you want to eat?" Nick asked Isla as she walked beside him, her wide eyes looking at the trees and flowers as she passed them, lightly smiling

"Uhm I don't know actually, just not any meat" she replied her face scrunching up and her head shaking slowly as she looked into his eyes.
"Why's that?"
"Why what?"
"Why no meat?"
"I never really liked meat so I just decided it'd be easier if I went vegetarian."
"Hmm" he hummed thoughtfully.
"What does that mean?" She asked
"I just- you're the first person I've ever met that's a vegetarian because you don't like the taste of meat."
"Well there's a first for everything."
"You're something else Isla King."
"My sister says that all the time."
"What?"
"That I'm 'something else'"
Nick smiled at her as he pulled her hand to stop them outside a small, cute cafe.
"My mom has loads of vegetarian stuff in the back, we can make you something."
"Your mom owns this place?"
"Yeah." He said smiling.
"This place is so cute wow."
"When we get out of wherever we are right now, I'll tell her you said that. She'll be happy." His reply made Islas smile grow wider.
"How come we didn't talk a lot before we got stuck?" The girl asked as they were both cutting up different vegetables to make salad for them to eat.
"I don't know actually. You're the sweet girl and I'm this outcast."
"If this never happened, would you have still talked to me?"
"Probably not. I would have had to get a light from someone else last night."
"Hmmm. Well then I'm, in a strange way, kind of glad this happened. Hey you should be wearing a hairnet"  She told him pulling a hairnet onto his curly brown hair, making him let out a chuckle at her antics.
"Hey Isla, look over there." Nick said pointing at the door, her whipping her head to look at what it was.
"What-" she was cut off by him throwing some of the shredded lettuce at her.
"Great now your hairs all over the salad." He smirked.
"You did not." She gaped at him.
"Oh but I did."
"You're so dead!" She shrieked, throwing tomatoes at him.
He retorted by throwing some cheese at her. She then through some cucumber at him, he then speedily picked her up as she went to grab some sauce to throw on him.
"Oh no you don't." He chuckled as she giggled loudly, throwing her head back.
"Nick! Put me down!"
"No way." He said to her looking at her face.

      With Isla still in his arms, Nick looked at her face taking in all of her features whilst she did the same. There eyes then meet, both of their green eyes searching to find any sign of hesitation. Quickly leaning in, Nicks soft lips attached to Islas as she wrapped her arms around his neck. He quickly put her down, wrapping one arm around her waist whilst one hand cane up to cup her delicate, porcelain skinned face. Pulling away, both of them smiled at each other.
"Wow." Isla muttered, still looking at him
"Yeah."
"We made a mess." She said to him, cheekily.
"Wow, really. We just kissed and you're thinking about cleaning something up already." He jokingly shook his head, letting go of her face and unwrapping his arm from her waist.
"I'm joking Nick." She rolled her eyes.
"Oh I know. Now come on I'm fucking starving." He said as her arms were then taken from around his neck.

" He said as her arms were then taken from around his neck