𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚖𝚘𝚘𝚗𝚕𝚒𝚝 𝚗𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝

the raid of dewey's house had gone well and he was now locked in luke's wine cellar, so now everyone was meeting at the church

the raid of dewey's house had gone well and he was now locked in luke's wine cellar, so now everyone was meeting at the church. the ringing of the bell made the walk into the church feel ominous as the town of teenagers moved into their meeting place. isla and nick moved into the church silently as they held hands, isla gripping his tightly while he tried to reassure her that everything would be ok now.

"come on let's sit here sweetheart." nick said guiding her to a pew.

isla silently nodded her head and nick pecked her lips before leaning back slightly in the pew, pulling his girlfriend into his warm body as she curled into him. they all sat witing for allie to speak as people began to quiet down their conversations.

"hey everyone, um, i just... i'll keep it brief i just wanna give you an update on everything, everything that's happened. there was an arrest this morning. greg dewey. we're keeping him in an undisclosed location until we figure out what happened, you know, if there was anyone else involved. we're taking care of him, making sure he has everything he needs." allie paused for a second, "cassandra, i know she would have wanted that, so..."

allie dismissed the town after she made her announcements. everyone was left to go about their day, nick and isla finishing their work before walking back in the dark town. the night sky only lit up by stars and the full moon. The clouds slowly moving through the sky.

"apparently dewey is having a trial." isla mumbled as her shoes pattered against the dark streets.

"who got roped into defending him?"

"helena."

"i feel sorry for her. It must be hard to have to defend him in that."

"what do you think they are gonna do if they find him guilty, i mean they can hardly keep him locked up for the rest of the time we are here."

"i don't know but it's nothing for us to worry about right now. let them decide."

"but-"

"what we are going to do is make a nice dinner and relax, hell i will even take a bath if it will make you feel better." nick said unlocking the door to their home.

"but you hate baths." isla placed her hand over his which made him turn to look at her.

"well i love you."

"i love you too nick, come on i have vanilla scented candles."

"i am regretting this already." he grumbled as he was pulled up the stairs into their apartment for a night of romance and intimacy.