𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚛𝚊𝚒𝚗𝚢 𝚍𝚊𝚢𝚜

𝚎𝚙𝚒𝚜𝚘𝚍𝚎 𝟻

𝚎𝚙𝚒𝚜𝚘𝚍𝚎 𝟻

the raindrops fell over west ham, the day cold and the sky grey as the two lovers laid in their bed relaxed. the song played simply being background noise as the two laid in the sheets bare and at ease.

"i'm going to make a drink, do you want anything nick?" isla asked the boy as he was seemingly asleep.

"don't leave you're comfy." nick grumbled as his head now laid on a pillow rather than his girlfriend's chest.

"i'm making coffee and you said you wanted to write today. so, you need to at least sit up and put some pants on."

"i thought you liked the way I looked with no pants; i certainly like the way you do." he jokingly wolf whistled as she rolled her eyes and placed two mugs on the countertop in the small kitchen area.

"princess." nick whispered as he placed his hands on her hips and spun her around to face him.

"what's wrong?"

"i just don't want you gone for too long that's all."

"i have been out of bed for 30 seconds. i think you're obsessed with me, lover boy."

"obsessed huh?" he smirked at her, looking down at her smaller frame his hands sliding up to rest on her cheeks while her hands grasped his wrists.

nick began to stroke his thumbs over her cheekbones as he gazed down at her, her wide eyes staring back at him as she began to hum along to the song.

"maybe, isla, I just want to be around my muse."

"well maybe when you are longing to be around her, your muse could paint you."

"in the nude? That is so kinky princess."

"not in the nude you nerd."

"fine, you can paint while I write."

the couple sat in comfortable silence, the lingering smell of bitter, strong coffee and toast in the air. the patter of rain against the glass of the windows blending into the beat of the speaker. just two teenagers divulging in their artforms, being each other's muses and enjoying the company the other brought.

this serenity was, however, brought to a standstill when kelly came to the apartment shaking like a leaf. isla sat her cousin down on their sofa and hugged her tightly while kelly cried.

"kel, what's happening? You can tell us."

"harry told me that dewey was the one who killed cassandra. he-he said that he was joking around and dewey took it seriously, he basically confessed. he went to tell allie and gordie. I cant-"

isla shushed her as she got overwhelmed with emotions, isla and nick making eye contact as he set a cup of tea down on the table for kelly.

"do you want to stay here with us for a while, kels?" isla asked after a while.

"no- its uh fine honestly. i should go home and try to process this whole thing, i'll  be ok."

the couple walked Kelly to the door, both giving her a hug as she left.

"don't hesitate to come by if you need people kelly." nick said sweetly closing the door as they began to process the news they had received.

" nick said sweetly closing the door as they began to process the news they had received