𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚝𝚛𝚒𝚊𝚕

dewey's trial was underway as people gathered in the church, nick and isla sat in the pew with a look of indifference marked onto their faces

dewey's trial was underway as people gathered in the church, nick and isla sat in the pew with a look of indifference marked onto their faces. eyes set in stone as they waited for the trial to officially start. isla felt like a child playing a game as she thought of the situation they were in, but there were much more dire consequences to be faced when dewey's fate is decided.

allie sat at a table at the front of the Church as she began to address the townspeople. "so, um, i think when you do something for the first time, part of you thinks you're just pretending. i'm not this person, i'm just putting on the clothes; and this is so weird, i mean we've all seen it on TV but ... actually i think that just makes it worse." allie sighed, "a week before my sister died, i was complaining about how crazy it was that we had to take care of everything. you know, everything was our decision, and she was like 'really, well alexander the great conquered the whole world when he was our age, so.' which was kind of annoying of her." many people let out a small breath of a laugh at the memory of cassandra being that way on numerous occasions throughout everyone's time of knowing her, "well... we own it all now. the good and the bad, and it's for real. this is the trial of greg dewey who is accused of the murder of cassandra pressman on the night of June 23rd. gordie will be the prosecutor. helena is defending dewey, and you guys have to listen to everything carefully; and at the end of the trial, you'll decide if he is guilty or not. everyone got it?" silence rang out in the church as everyone was seen to agree with how things would proceed.

"these were found near cassandra's body on the morning after she died. I found them." gordie stated as he held the bullet casings in a small jar that he was showing to the jury. "they're the two casings to the two bullets that killed her, not the actual bullets. you know, the casings get ejected after each bullet is fired. the casings remain intact. if you notice, they have a headstamp which indicates they were made by a particular manufacturer. it's a company called precision target; they have 'pt' on each of them. now, this is the gun that was found when the guard raided dewey's house. now, there's two bullets missing from the clip and the bullets that remain have a visible head stamp." gordie stated bringing over the shoe box that was found with the gun inside, "'pt' they match exactly the bullets that killed cassandra."

"this is bullshit. they planted that. this is bullshit" dewey said, his face bruised as he was made to shut up by allie, helena and jason.

"I have some questions." helena stated as she stood infront of gordie, "does this prove that dewey's gun is the gun that shot Cassandra?"

"do you mean is it possible, that even though we found no other gun, not one, had the exact same two bullets missing? even though, dewey's is missing exactly two and had fresh powder residue in the chamber, is this some sort of incredible coincidence?"

"yeah, that's what I mean."

"I guess."

"because you didn't search every house, right? and even the houses you searched, they could have been hiding the gun they used. that would make sense, wouldn't it?"

"well, these are pretty rare bullets from a very small manufacturer."

"you didn't answer the question."

"it would be a big coincidence."

"but possible."

"anything's possible."

"right. another thing, dewey has bruises all over him." Helena said moving to stand at the defence's table.

"yeah, they fucking beat me."

"we had a problem guarding him. it won't happen again." allie chimed in.

"you arrest him. you beat him up."

"it's not relevant."

"it's not relevant how the people in charge of this prosecution behaved?"

"it was a mistake, it has nothing to do with whether he's guilty or not. move on."

the trial continued with harry giving his testimony on how dewey confessed to him and the jury being left to decide overnight. upon reconvening the next morning, a glum look rested on everyone's faces. it was abundantly clear that none of them knew what they were doing or how they had to approach the situation. the verdict of guilty rang out in the Church as people started cheering while isla glanced to nick with a look of dread for the punishment and how it would be handled. the decision would change the town's dynamic even more than it already had.

dewey began murmuring that he wanted to say something as everyone was then made to sit back down. dewey's handcuffs dragged on the table as he stood to make his statement, turning to the crowd.

"cassandra was a fucking bitch. so is her sister and her black boyfriend that makes all the rules." dewey said.

"you make me sick you fucking murderer." a girl shouted as dewey flipped them off.

allie shouted for everyone to be quiet as the crowd began to speak, "let him say what he thinks."

"so are all the women here. fucking bitches who won't give us the time of day, who think we owe them everything?" nick began to fume next to isla as dewey continued to speak as isla grabbed his hand and made sure he didn't do anything even if she wanted him to. "i killed cassandra for everyone because she had it coming. because on the night of prom we were all at harry's house, and he said he wished she was dead." people began to mutter as they looked at harry shocked, "and he knows it, and everyone who hated that bitch knows it."

"that's fucking bullshit." harry said standing up.

dewey continued pointing blame, "and campbell helped me plan it. he was there, he planned the whole thing."

"hey, wait. wait." campbell said as he stood.

"so, fuck all of you."

"all right, he's obviously a fucking liar. i'm not ... i'm not fucking listening to this anymore."

everyone began shouting at campbell as grizz and jason told him to go back to his seat. allie the told the guard to arrest him as the crowd began to shout at and berate campbell.

there isnt a lot of nick and isla but it is just to move the story along :)happy pride from ur english bisexual!

happy pride from ur english bisexual!