𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚖𝚎𝚎𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚐𝚜

𝚎𝚙𝚒𝚜𝚘𝚍𝚎 𝟹

𝚎𝚙𝚒𝚜𝚘𝚍𝚎 𝟹

tw brief mention of rape

the town's supplies had been ransacked by it's population, leaving a mess of debris and ash in its wake. isla had been invited to a meeting of the girls in the town by cassandra, so she was currently walking up with kelly and gwen to helena in the church.
"oh you're a lifesaver. someone must be hoarding these, there was none left at the drug store." helena said to kelly as she handed her a box of tampons.
"i try to ration, i only have three boxes left." kelly replied before turning away after helena thanked her, everyone turning as cassandra and allie walked in.

"the boys we thought we knew destroyed those stores last night and if we dont do something, male testosterone is going to be the end of us."
"is that why its just girls here?" helena questioned cassandra.
"right now its just pillage, but how long until someone is raped walking home one night and no one gives a shit because that's how it is?"
"okay im sorry no one wanted to date you in high school cassandra, but this war on men feels a little extra." gwen said rolling her eyes.
"shut the fuck up gwen." kelly said to her friend.
"everything that kept us safe is gone, there isnt anyone to say no and when you stop hearing no you begin to think you can do anything. women arent safe in a world that is run by brute force and stupidity. if we want peace, we need order and to get order, we need to exert our power." cassandra said, kelly and isla sharing a look.

going back to her apartment with nick after the meeting, isla took note of the damage done by the town. the broken glass and dirt was out of hand, one night and everything turned into a free for all despite having been borderline okay for the first two weeks of being trapped.
walking into the apartment, she saw nick struggling to clean up the dishes from the breakfast he had made, when isla told him she was on her way back,
sat on the counter.
"you know that when you make an effort, you can be quite sexy." isla commented making nick jump as he hadnt realised she had come in.
"you are a deadly silent little monster even in those shoes?!" he asked referring to her heeled boots.
"im scary, what can i say?" she told him jumping on the counter and picking up the fruit he cut up for her breakfast.
"gimme some, i worked hard." nick pouted, lip jutted out as he approached her placing his hands on her thighs.
"take it, if you want it." she replied biting a strawberry, that was taken out of her mouth as nick kissed her.
"delicious. i might need some more." he smiled, kissing her again as he pulled her closer.

"kelly suggested doing the prom to boost morale of the town." isla murmured playing with nicks fingers as they laid in bed.
"do you want to go?"
"i dont know, maybe."
"what about with me?"
"are you asking me to be your date?"
"will you say yes?"
"of course i will go with you, but i dont have a prom dress. ill have to dig up a dress that my sister has, its the only thing of hers that fits me."
"well, i guess its a date and i will have to iron my suit." he said winking before pecking her hairline and suggesting they get dressed for the town meeting about sharing houses.

walking in the midst of a crowd, nick and isla sat near the back.
"we need to know what we have and what we are at risk of running out of. so there will be an accounting of resources and once we get a handle on that, we will begin to ration food and eating meals communally in the cafeteria. we will also share houses in case water and electricity are in limited supply, which at this point we dont know but its better to be safe because if we run out we dont have a solution." cassandra announced stood at the front of the church, pausing to look in her notebook, "no one will be doing any of this alone, we will have rotating work lists that way everyone contributes the same. this includes in the decision making, it will be a committee. finally, we will put together a committee on going home so we can formally investigate how we got her and how were gonna get back. adopting this new way of living, doesnt mean were giving up; it means were smart and prepared. thats the plan."
"we can still stay in our apartment right?" nick asked looking at isla.
"i talked with cass, there wouldnt be room for us in all these houses anyway. theres 30 people to a house, and we wouldn't have room for privacy because were a couple."
"good because i hate every other fucker here."
"nick." isla slapped his chest lightly causing him to pull on her wrist and tug her into his chest, hearing a scoff behind them from harry.
"i think we should vote ... okay, um all in favour please raise your hands." cass said drawing their attention back to the front, isla and nick raising their hands.
the majority of the town raised their hands.
"i dont think we can do this unless its unanimous." cass said, the rest of the people raising their hands as the town stared at harry and campbell till they raised them.
the town clapped cassandra for her leadership. walking out of the church, hand in hand, nick and isla made their way back before kelly ran up to them.
"is, do you have a dress for the prom?"
"im gonna dig up one of emmys dresses, i think ill wear the black one she bought in that thrift store."
"okay, do you want to meet up and get ready together?" kelly asked looking at her with soft eyes, knowing talking about her sister must have hurt.
"i think me and nick," isla looked ahead at nick who was smoking as he waited for the girls, "are just gonna get ready and go straight there together, but im normally at our apartment so you can come get me if you need or want me for something."
"okay, ill see you soon." kelly said hugging the smaller girl before waving bye to nick as she walked past.

" kelly said hugging the smaller girl before waving bye to nick as she walked past