𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚖𝚘𝚗𝚝𝚑𝚜

it had been a long six months for the teenagers that were left in what looked to be their home

it had been a long six months for the teenagers that were left in what looked to be their home. they were mostly naïve and innocent but now they had 4 deaths on their hands, and they had no room to be naïve. they weren't able to escape the torture of their fellow classmates psyche, stuck in this prison with no hope for an end. they simply had to live, and it was becoming strenuous for isla.

the weather turning cold as the seasons change, work was becoming torture. this wasn't just for isla, it was for many people. one of those included harry bingham who was currently trying to proposition his car for people taking his shifts. isla stood cleaning the floors in the church while harry was trying to strike up this deal.

"hey, you like cars?" harry said as he tapped the kid who was cleaning next to him.

"huh?" he replied taking his headphones off.

harry repeated the question to which the boy said yeah.

"you've seen what i drive. it's yours if you take a couple of my shifts a week."

"are you serious?"

"you get the car one day for every two days that you take." harry was interrupted by gretchen approaching asking what he was doing.

"harry's gonna trade me his car for work shifts. you want in on this?"

"that's against the rules. no shift-shrinking, i'll tell the guard."

"and you wonder why no one liked you in school."

"i know that you used to strut around like you own the place, but what exactly makes you think you're so special now?"

"nothing." harry replied looking down while the kid put his headphones back on.

"harry." isla said from behind him, her appearance just as dishevelled as his as the time spent in the town took its toll.

"isla." harry replied, uninterested in any further conversation as he clearly wasn't getting out of his work shifts.

"you know, you can talk to someone, even me. right?"

"yeah is, i know. thanks." harry replied softly sighing, "the same goes for you, you know?"

"thanks, harry." she said as she began mopping the floor once again, the tedious task draining her of what felt like her will to live.