𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚎𝚡𝚒𝚝𝚜

THE morning after the church party; Harry, Luke, Allie, Cassandra, Sam, Nick, Isla and Will were all outside the church

                THE morning after the church party; Harry, Luke, Allie, Cassandra, Sam, Nick, Isla and Will were all outside the church. Isla had brought Advil and water bottles for Harry and Luke who were still in bad shape from last night. Both boys thanked the sweet girl as Cassandra began to talk.
"I'll get a car go to Greenwich, get help." she spoke.
"Why you?" Harry questioned.
"Someone has to find out where everyone went. We can't all go." She replied to the hungover boy.
"I'll do it."
"You sober?" She asked patronisingly
"Oh. Fuck you, Cassandra," he scoffed at the girl "Luke you wanna get some of the guys to come with?"
"Yeah" Luke croaked, not handling the hangover too well
"Let's go." Harry said as he got pulled up by Luke and went to the car to get the other boys. Isla then heard Sam say to Allie, "the smell. It's gone."

            Harry soon sent a text to all of the teenagers they'd left at the church, they all rushed up to the bridge out of town. Getting out of the car they had brought up, Isla choked on the oxygen in her airways due to the shock. The train tracks that lead out of West Ham had vegetation growing on it and the road had mass amounts of trees that weren't there 2 days ago when she travelled to a store out of town to get her prom dress.
"How- What?" Isla began to hyperventilate.
Nick saw the girls reaction and brought her into a hug, rubbing her back and speaking soothingly.
"You're all right. Hey. We'll figure this out alright." He soothed.
Isla nodded absentmindedly, hugging Nick back. She felt a huge weight lift off of her chest and she felt okay.

"There's only so many options." Geordie told them.
"Maybe we're dreaming," Allie offered as a reason for the current situation "it's the best option"
"Maybe we're in purgatory" Isla mumbled into Nick's chest burying herself further into it.
Nick let out a soft chuckle at her actions, the vibrations soothing her even more.
"Maybe, this is just some elaborate fucking game. Like someone built an exact replica of our town in the middle of nowhere and if we just walk like this way, or that way, or anyway; eventually we'll," Harry pauses to swallow "get back to the real world."
Harry's reply is met with silence from everyone. Eventually Isla picks her head up off of Nicks chest, "I don't think there's any possible reason we can come up with, right now, that can sound sane." She said to the group.
"I'm not saying it makes any sense Isla" Harry replied to the girl softly, everyone knowing she is the most likely to snap first in this situation.
It's something none of them had witnessed and never hoped to, as she'd been calm for far too long and they knew it'd be explosive, if and when it happens.
Sighing Cassandra tries to think of a logical explanation, " there was a smell, then it went away, it came back and the buses came for us-"
"You're gonna just work this out Cassandra. Like some logic problem, I mean not a flicker of a doubt." Harry interrupted her.
"The world doesn't just turn upside down without a reason, we're not within some play within a play. Okay, clever is not the same thing as true, there's a point to everything, there are answers" Cassandra replied to Harry.
"She's right," Helena spoke up from beside Luke, leaning on Harry's car " God doesn't just play games with people for fun."
"Gods not fucking here" Nick murmured into Islas brown hair, making her sigh.
"Alright, look. Grizz and I will get a group together and we'll go hike out here through the woods, like a search party" Luke spoke up trying to ease some of the tension in the group.
"I think that's a good idea." Helena agreed with her boyfriend.
"Do you think it's safe? You know in the woods?" Isla asked the boys, pulling herself from Nick much to his dismay.
"Yeah, sure" Grizz spoke softly to the girl, lightly smiling at her.
"Yeah, don't worry Isla, Grizz knows what he's doing and if there's people out there, we gotta find them right? Gotta get help" Luke assured.
Harry looked weary of the plan, before sighing and standing straight, "I'm leaving. I'm hungry."
Allie was quick to question him, "you're leaving?!" She was exasperated
"Yeah. I've got a house; with a refrigerator, with food inside of it and I'm gonna go eat it." He spoke patronisingly, "Luke, Nick-"
"You can't just leave!" Cassandra told the boy.
"Yeah. Well what are we supposed to do instead?!" Harry asked her.
"We have to figure out what's happening to us."
"You're not student council president anymore." He told her, trying to stop her bossing around.
"God! You really, really have to get over that!"
Sighing Harry turned to his girlfriend, who he was having problems with currently, "you coming Kel?"
Kelly looked up and locked eyes with Isla and sighed, not wanting to leave her here, especially now.
"No." She spoke softly, not making eye contact.
"Jesus Christ" Harry sighed. "Just get in the car."
Will was quick to defend her, "leave her alone"
"Hey! Fuck off Will!" Harry's patience had finally run out. "Fine who gives a shit." He said getting in the car quickly speeding off back down the road.
"Come on, lets go." Nick said to Isla, taking her soft hand in his rough, calloused one. "Let's go get some food, yeah?" He spoke softly, like the others.
"Don't speak to me like I'm a kid Nick. Everyone else does, I don't need you doing it too."
"Okay. I won't. Promise."
"Good" Isla smiled lightly.

""Good" Isla smiled lightly