𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚕𝚘𝚜𝚜

𝚎𝚙𝚒𝚜𝚘𝚍𝚎 𝟺

𝚎𝚙𝚒𝚜𝚘𝚍𝚎 𝟺

cassandra had been shot and killed by someone. their only leader had been killed on a night when they were supposed to finally have some
normalcy in this place they had been put.
everyone had been shocked by the news. isla and nick had been making breakfast when ali called sobbing that cassandra was dead. someone in their town was a murderer and they had no idea who it was or why they did it.
the funeral for cassandra was not too long after her death, they only had a limited time to bury her before her corpse began to decay.
isla was left in charge of making the church look nice for cassandra's funeral. she was placing the last of the flowers when she felt a hand on her lower back and a familiar voice whisper,
"we should go get a seat."
"yeah, do these flowers look ok?"
"isla sweetness, ive told you. anything will look good, ok? come sit down please, you're gonna exhaust yourself."

sitting near kelly, isla sighed as the tears welled in her eyes. nick pulled her into him as he rubbed her back.
"my sister cassandra was good. she was a good person, um. she was captain of the debate team so you didnt want to argue with her." ali paused as she looked around the church, "who did this, hm? who shot my sister? why did you do that? we needed her! i needed her."
isla choked a sob as she hugged nick close to her. burying his face in isla's hair, he let a few tears fall as he held her close to him.
the guys had stood to move cassandra's body for burial as everyone stood to join outside.
helena said a prayer before ali picked up dirt to sprinkle over cass.

"nick?" isla's voice cracked as she spoke.
"yeah?"
"do you think we're gonna be safe? that we're gonna find who did this to her?"
"i have no idea, but i will protect you. i promise, till my last dying breath."
"why?"
"because im in love with you, my sweet girl. i know you like no one else and you know sides of me that no one else has seen. you're my one and only, ok? no one else."
"i love you." isla said pecking his lips softly.

" isla said pecking his lips softly