𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚙𝚛𝚘𝚖

everyone had officially been assigned jobs with isla on the clean up crew and nick in the kitchens

everyone had officially been assigned jobs with isla on the clean up crew and nick in the kitchens. the couple, while upset they were apart most of the day, were happy to help get the town back up and running.
nick returned to their apartment after his shift to find isla quietly snoring away on the couch where she looked to have been waiting for his arrival to watch a movie.
"come on sweetheart." nick muttered picking isla off of the couch to move her to their bed, sighing contently when he had placed her down and laid down next to her.
while looking at his sleeping girlfriend, nick realised all that they had gone though in the time they had been in this place that was identical to their town. they had grown closer, got into a relationship, been intimate, told secrets.
he had treated her like no one else would, not like a child who needs to be spoon fed but like a real person. it was refreshing, being together.
nick took this time to start writing poems in the diary he kept in his night drawer, thinking of only her. while before his poems were about anger, betrayal, loneliness; now he could only write about the love he felt for her. the girl that had taken his heart, his isla may.
"are you writing love letters to your secret girlfriend?" isla asked a shy smile on her face while her eyes remained closed.
"if i was, why would i admit that?" nick smirked back running his eyes over her features as he placed the book down.
"oh, so youre able to hide a double life now mr secretive?"
"i prefer mr big di-"
"oh my god stop!" isla giggled stopping nick.
"its true!"
"i- im going to shower and get ready for tonight."
"ooh shower time." nick ran after her, picking her up while she squealed.

walking into the venue, isla had worn a simple black, loose dress while nick had worn a black suit. the couple walked hand in hand, weaving through the tables and chairs to get to the dancefloor.
nick instantly pulled isla into his arms before spinning her, making her giggle. he lifted her off of the ground and smiled at her before lightly kissing her. they playfully danced around with lots of their friends and getting drunk.
"i love you nicky." isla giggled.
"i love you sweetheart, even if you are a giddy drunk." he said gripping her waist tightly as they slow danced.
kelly interrupted the dance to make an announcement,
"hi, can everyone hear me?" she said as a loud ringing noise sounded.
"woah, i uh guess so. anyway, i just wanted to thank everyone for coming."
"we love you kelly!"
"yeahhhh, i love you kels!" isla echoed the other girl, shouting support at her cousin as nick shushed her slightly for shouting at the top of her lungs.
everyone applauded.
"this hasnt exactly been a normal week, but i think we should be proud of what we pulled off, of what cassandra has pulled off."
"yeah cass!" everyone cheered for cassandra as allie pulled a face.
"to the prom committee gwenn and grizz for organising." everyone applauded.
"to bobby aaronson for letting us ruin your bar mitzvah! i mean thats what we all thought prom would be, right? a bar mitzvah." kelly paused, "prom was supposed to be how we say goodbye, i mean thats what it would have been. i mean its funny because we are saying goodbye. just not to each other, were saying goodbye to everything else, to our old lives. our childhood. and its not just disappearing, slowly, receding into some distance where we can still see it. its just gone."
gwen quickly walked on stage and took the mic from kelly, "um were gonna keep playing music, no one needs to leave just yet." the music quickly started again.

as the night faded and people started to slowly leave, nick held up a slowly sobering isla who was complaining about not having a kitten in their apartment. they slowly walked back home away from the venue, blissfully unaware of the events that would follow the event. something that would change the town and the order they had just created.

𝚎𝚗𝚍 𝚘𝚏 𝚎𝚙𝚒𝚜𝚘𝚍𝚎 𝟹

cass' death is so sad, like my heart bro!! :((