I Would Want Nothing Less

Chapter 31

The hideout was surprisingly silent as the team of three entered. Yuna had a bad feeling in the pit of her stomach telling her something was terribly wrong. The hideout was never this quiet, and she doubted she had Hidan's demise to thank for it.

“Leader-sama.” Yuna spotted him with Konan on the statue at the entrance.

Her voice brought their gaze to her, before it followed to Kisame and Itachi. The two jumped up after a nod from the ginger, going to their respective places.

The kyuubi remained where she was, not even wanting to be in the same room as the figure. She could feel other, familiar, chakras inside it that she hadn't before.

Her gaze lifted to it's finger tips as she notice Zetsu''s shadow arrive. “Deidara died.”

“What?!” Yuna's eyes went wide as she looked up at him, that was why the base was so quiet, they were the only ones there.

“He finally went out with a bang.” The plant continued, ignoring the nine tailed beast's reaction.

“Ah, we lost another member.. Though he was quite strong.” Kisame commented, not really caring about the blonde's death.

Itachi frowned slightly. “So, which did he lose to, Sasuke or Kyuubi's jinjuriki?” He asked, lowering his voice at the last part, but Yuna still heard him, she wanted to tell him her Otou-san's jinjuriki had a name, but thought better of it.

“Sasuke... But..” Zetsu hesitated a moment, meeting Itachi's sharingan gaze. “Sasuke died too..”

Yuna wasn't sure whether she should be happy or mad. That was her target to kill, not Deidara's. Yet the fact that he was made her smile, now there was no one to kill off her Uchiha.

“Killed himself along with Sasuke.” Kisame noted, he was obviously hiding his true thoughts, as was Itachi.

“Be grateful of him Itachi. Deidara gave his life to eliminate trouble.” Pain said, the kitsune wondered if he knew anything of her lover's plan to die by his brother's hand.

“We're forgetting something...” Kisame said, looking around.

“Tobi probably died. He was near by when Deidara exploded.” Zetsu said.

A slight smile spread on Yuna's lips as she tried to remain sad, but honestly the loss of Tobi came as a relief. She wanted to scream to the heavens and tell the world that monster was dead, even if she was the only one who thought of him as such.

“I'm going... At least mourn for Deidara quietly.” Pain said, leaving.

---------

Yuna let out a chur of relief, laying down on Itachi's bed. They were safe, for now. Pain hadn't said anything, Konan hadn't said anything, as far as the young couple was concerned, they knew nothings!

Itachi followed her to the mattress, a sigh of equal relief leaving his lips. “We made it.” He huffed.

She nodded, cuddling into his arms. Luckily they didn't have to worry about cuddling, as this was a normal interaction between the two. Though Pain seemed to be ok with the intimacy, neither younger shinobi was brave enough to tell him.

Konan maybe, Pain? Definitely not. Having taken his role as Yuna's father rather seriously, they wouldn't put it past him to bring a whole new meaning of Pain to whomever deflowered his crimson colored daughter.

“Mah. If this wasn't the hideout, I might be trying to seduce you right now...” Yuna mumbled, her face level with his.

Itachi chuckled softly, kissing her nose. “If we weren't here. I'd already have your bare skin under mine.” He whispered, his lips covering hers.