Party with Rain-nin

Chapter 11

Yuna ignored Itachi as she entered through the heavily populated front gates of the estate. The Uchiha was trailing maybe ten feet behind. The red head had already caught the attention of a few passerbyers, She'd adjusted her kimono so both shoulders were almost completely revealed.

She took long strides, gracefully making her way through the crowd. She wanted this over as soon as humanly possible, but it seemed Itachi had other plans.

She gasped, feeling arms encircle her as she was turned around to meet the Uchiha's obsidian gaze. He pulled her to the dance floor, where a few other couples were dancing.

“What are you doing?” She whispered, as he lead them in a slow waltz. “You're going to blow the mission.”

He just smirked down at her, dipping her back. “Actually, I'm giving you the advantage.” he said, turning them so she could see where the lord was taking to a few men. “You caught his attention the moment we reached the dance floor.”

She scowled as he sent her out to twirl, before pulling her back in. “And this has nothing to do with what happened earlier?” She asked, leaning against him.

“I'd like to know why you reacted in such a way, but I'm willing to wait till we get back to the hotel.” He said, his hand resting on the small of her back again.

She frowned, staring at the fabric of his yukata. “It has to do with my past.” She mumbled, her eyes glowing a little. Luckily it looked like a trick of the light. “I've only ever let my best friend do my hair.”

Itachi nodded, accepting this as a worthy answer. “I'm sorry, I did not mean to cause you any discomfort.”

She nodded into his shoulder, enjoying his scent. “I know.”

The two swayed against each other as the music seemed to carry them around the floor. Itachi holding the shorter shinobi tight against his chest.

The former anbu gently spun her away, releasing her hand, he bowed. “It's been a pleasure dancing with you. I hope we meet again.” He said, playing the role of a stranger.

She dipped her head. “As do I.”

They parted ways, Yuna making her way to the refreshment table. Making sure to go at a slow pace, swaying her hips with every step. Hopefully no one noticed how she almost lost her balance. She really wanted her tails back.

“You dance beautifully.”

She would have jumped had she not heard the man's approaching footsteps. She pulled on one of her fake smiles, turning to meet the dark brown eyes of a man that was not her target. 'Damn.' She'd hoped the lord would pay her more attention.

She only had thirty minutes and she was sure dancing with Itachi had taken up at least six. She didn't have time for this man, no matter how handsome he might look. Besides she wouldn't fall for just any man.

“Mah, it could have been better.” She grumbled, her smile turning to a small frown, as she played the disinterested card. Unfortunately the man seemed to either miss or ignore it.

“On the contrary, I believe it turned every head in the room.” He praised, reaching for her hand.

Yuna moved back a little. “Excuse me, but I have a previous engagement.” She said, moving around him.

“I'm sure, being Kyuubi, your schedule is full.” The disguised demon almost fell from shock as she turned to look at the man. He smirked, brushing his crow colored hair out of his eyes. “I'm surprised you don't remember me.”

She gave him a pointed glare looking him up and down. She took notice of two scratch like scars going from his temple to chin. They looked so familiar. “Then again, you weren't so easy to recognize yourself. But it's hard to forget the one who almost killed then saved your life.”

The crimsonette stared at him slightly perturbed as she tried to match his face, but then how many people had she almost killed then saved? She could only think of one, and he was supposed to be back in Amegakure.

“Takahashi Ren.” She frowned, glaring at the man.

He gave her the crooked smile she remembered too well, making her want to barf. “Demon-chan?”

“What are you doing here?” She hissed, knowing that with each moment she spent here was getting rid of the time she needed to seduce the lord.

Ren crossed his arms, leaning against the wall. “Was sent from Ame to make sure Lord Pain-sama's mission went according to plan.”

Yuna's look turned to ice. “If you knew I was on a mission for him, why are you interfering with my valuable time?”

“I didn't know he'd hired a leaf missing-nin to do it.”

The demon frowned, moving to leave him by the refreshments. “Then do your job and let me do mine.” She growled, her nature coming through Itachi's genjutsu.

Ren smiled, but let her go as he got himself a glass of the punch.

Yuna scowled as she looked around the room, the lord was nowhere to be seen. Itachi tapped his wrist as though to inform her that the clock was ticking, not that she didn't already know. 'Damn rain-nin, why did he have to show up?!'

She made her way through the crowded room, going out into the hall. She sighed in relief, closing the door behind her. It was much too crowded in there for her taste.

-------

Kinaru: Back with another chapter of the day, and for those of you who were wondering why she didn't kill her chunin exam opponents, this is why. I wanted to use them later on, since I'd already decided Yuna would enter the Akatsuki even before that, and Pain's in control of Amegakure/Hidden Rain Village. So expect some more appearances from them.

But anyway, hope everyone enjoyed!

Please vote follow and review!

Yuna: Just so everyone knows, Kinaru does not own Naruto, only this part of Kyuubi.

Kinaru: I'll be back tomorrow!

SAD NINJA OUT!!!!!