My Beautiful Kyuubi

Chapter 27

Pain furrowed his brow as he looked over the scroll Kakuzu had just brought him. Not from what he was reading, but from what he was sensing. Yuna's chakra was unsealed for a brief moment, before it went back to being sealed.

He reminded himself not to worry about it, that she would be heading out soon with the rest of her team, but a nagging voice in the back of his head wouldn't let him relax.

“So you felt it too?” His head snapped up, to find Konan had entered his office.

He let out a breath he hadn't realized he'd been holding. “It was probably Kisame just teasing her.” He tried to assure her, but it was more for himself.

The ame-nin frowned, coming to stand next to him. “Kisame doesn't tease her that hard.” She countered, deep down they both knew it was the orange mask covered man who had set her off.

Hidan was easy to take off their list as if he had set Yuna off, her chakra would have remained unsealed. The ginger rubbed his forehead, as if trying to push the thoughts from his head. “She'll be leaving soon enough. He won't be able to go after her again till the next sealing.”

The kunoichi gave him a disbelieving look. “I think we should take her to Amegakure.”

The akatsuki leader looked baffled by her sudden statement, but quickly found his cool. “Konan, she's better off with Itachi. He'll protect her.” He said, placing down his scroll.

She shook her head. “You don't know that. Itachi and Kisame are out in the field, always in danger. In Ame she'd be safe.” She argued.

The ginger gave her a long look, he wanted Yuna to be with them just as much, but knew better. “She's not a child. She's made it clear she wants to be with Itachi. We can't make her stay away from him.”

“But she'd be safer with us!” Konan exclaimed. She knew just how much the two younger members cared for each other, she just wanted her daughter safe in her arms.

“Is she really?” Pain asked, a glare over coming his eyes to hide his true emotions. “We're in no less danger than they are.”

The bluette grimaced, her hands clenching.

“Whether you like it or not, she's heading out with Itachi and Kisame within the hour. I suggest you say your goodbyes. It will be a while before they come back.”

Konan sent him a glare before storming out of his office. Sure enough though, the ginger was right. Itachi and Yuna were making their way down the hall, their cloaks and hats on.

The crimsonette looked slightly depressed, though Konan was sure that was because they were leaving. The kunoichi looked back at Itachi. The raven had stopped the couple when he spotted her.

“Take care of her, Itachi.” Konan said, a threatening glimmer in her amber eyes. He nodded in response, his look telling her he intended nothing else.

Yuna gave the woman a small forced smile, launching into her arms. The bluette smiled, holding Yuna to her. She almost didn't want to let go. “Take care of yourself. Remember to eat healthy, not just ramen.”

This kitsune nodding her head. “Just make sure you and Leader-sama stay safe.” She replied quietly. Konan couldn't ignore the pained look in the kyuubi's orbs or how there was almost a stutter in her voice.

They parted, and Itachi returned his hand to its previous position around Yuna's waist. The older female could tell it was a protective gesture, one that had most likely become a habit over his years of traveling with her.

She let them walk past, still unable to shake the look in the demon's eyes. Tobi must have done something to shake her.

----------------

“Mah. Where are we going this time?” Yuna asked quietly, as she and her teammates made their way away from the hideout.

Both men were well aware of her more depressed mood, though neither was sure of how to address it. Itachi sighed, answering her question. “Iwagakure. We've got some business there.” He didn't explain further, not that anyone expected him to.

If Yuna had to do something, he would tell her on the way. They walked surprisingly silent. Kisame almost thought it was just him and Itachi again, as usually Yuna would be talking, but for once she wasn't.

This alone only added to the men's concern. The raven tried to catch her eye a few times, but Yuna kept hers on the stones under their feet. He also noticed that her tails were dragging a little and was sure he would find her ears to be down if she wasn't wearing her hat.

The Uchiha took hold of her hand again, intertwining their fingers. She seemed to flinch on contact, making him scowl a little. 'What the hell happened to her?!'

She'd been odd ever since she came back from pranking the two idiots she had for neighbors. She hadn't spoken a word, or even made a move to have any personal contact with him. She'd just gathered her stuff and they had left.

He caught Kisame giving him an accusing glance, why did the kiri-nin always think it was his fault when Yuna was down?! He hadn't done anything, but he was sure he knew who did.

Tobi had been out to get her since he was officially brought in as a member of Akatsuki. He was sure the older Uchiha had finally snapped when she tried to blow him up.

After probably only an hour or two of dead silence, neither Kisame or Itachi could take it anymore. The shark excused himself saying he was going to scope out a good place to set up camp for the night. Yuna hadn't made a sound in disagreement, even though it was barely four in the afternoon.

Itachi recommended they find some wood for a fire. Again she said nothing, just followed, picking up dry sticks and twigs. He let out a sigh, turning back to her. The kyuubi practically knocked him over as she crashed into him.

She squeaked, the first sound she'd made since they began their mission. He quickly stopped her from tumbling, pulling her to him in a secure embrace. “We're alone now. You can tell me what's wrong.” He said, tilting her head up to meet his gaze.

He winced as her eyes quickly glittered with unshed tears, she was already starting to hyperventilate when they started to rapidly fall down her cheeks.

Itachi shushed her, stroking behind her left ear as he rest his forehead against hers. “It's alright. It's alright. Nothing can hurt you... I'm here.” Her lips quivered at his words, shaking her head a little.

He brought his hands to caress her face, so she looked directly at him. “What did Tobi do?” He asked, stroking her cheek with his thumb, subconsciously tracing one of her whisker markings.

The kyuubi whimpered at the mention of the man's name, trying to hide her face in her raven's chest, but he wouldn't let her. “Yuna, tell me what happened. I can help you.”

“I'm a tool!” She finally gave, sobs raking through her. Itachi frowned on instinct, trying to sooth her with gentle whispers and caresses.

He didn't like this vulnerable kyuubi, he preferred the loud and playful kitsune. The former anbu kissed her cheeks, then her forehead, then her nose, eyelids, and finally her lips. “You're not a tool.. You're Yuna... You're my beautiful.. Kyuubi..” He said in between kisses.

She relaxed slightly from his affection, her arms going around his shoulders as she pulled him closer. “Don't listen to Tobi. He doesn't know anything about you.” Itachi said.

She whimpered softly, but didn't pull away from his touch. She didn't want to tell him just how well the masked man really knew her, or how he could get past her defenses.

Yuna let out a sigh, forcing herself to relax, knowing it was what Itachi would need to do the same. “I love you.” She whispered, placing a chaste kiss on his lips.

The dark haired Uchiha smiled softly. “I love you too.”