Confessions and Laughter

Chapter 14

Yuna frowned, after Itachi had avoided her gaze for the fifth time. He'd been strange ever since she woke up. Keeping his distance, not letting her hold his hand as they walked, even ignoring her when she tried to start a conversation.

She didn't understand. Had she done something wrong? Her ears drooped as she took hold of Kisame's hand. He gave her an encouraging smile, before sending the Uchiha a frown, nodding to the saddened kyuubi.

Itachi's cheeks were still slightly pink, and every time he looked at Yuna he'd remember his dream and start to get hard again. He didn't even understand why he'd thought of her like that. The Uchiha had only ever thought of her as a sister before now.

The raven shook his head, trying to get his thoughts together. The kyuubi was young enough to be his sister, why she was even younger than Sasuke. He shuddered at the disturbing thoughts that came to mind after that.

He was glad the rain-nin had left early that morning as they parted ways, going to Amegakure, while the akatsuki members headed for their base in the fire country. Kisame sighed, realizing he'd have to get the ball rolling, halted in his steps. Itachi frowned, looking back at the tall man. The shark turned off the path, sitting in the shade of the trees.

“What are you doing?” The Uchiha demanded. “Leader is waiting for us.”

The blue skinned man just smirked, taking off Samehada. “Kisame!” The younger male snapped, losing his temper. The kiri missing-nin ignored him, beckoning Yuna over.

She hesitated, looking at the fuming raven, but after he said nothing, she settled beside the shark. “Come on Itachi, Leader doesn't expect us back till night fall.” Kisame chuckled.

The Uchiha scowled, it would take that long for them to arrive anyway, with this stop, it would be even longer. Making them late, Pain would think something had gone wrong.

“Itachi?” His blush darkened as he avoided the kyuubi's gaze. “Itachi..”

Kisame frowned, looking between the two. Taking hold of samehada, he walked up to the boy./ “Fix this. Now.” He said, before going off into the trees.

The former anbu grimaced, finally bringing his gaze to Yuna. The crimson colored beast was surprisingly calm. Her ears perked with silent hope as she looked up at him through her dark eyelashes. He could feel his heart speed up, images of his dream flooding his mind.

The raven forced them away, sitting beside her. “Look. Yuna, I-..” His eyes went wide as the beast attached herself to his middle, moving as close as she could get, snuggling into his shirt and cloak.

“I'm sorry! Whatever I did, I'm sorry!” She cried, not loosening her grip in the slightest. “Be mad at me, yell at me! Just don't leave me alone again, I need you.”

The raven stared down at her in silent guilt. He'd so selfishly forgotten how she feared being alone. She'd been suffering while he'd only thought of his own discomfort. Though is was painfully awkward, the Uchiha put his arms around the kitsune, burying his nose in her crimson locks.

“I'm sorry Yuna.” He whispered. “I shouldn't have ignored you.”

She fully accepted his embrace, having missed the warmth it brought to her. She wished she'd never have to do without it again. It hurt her too much to be separated from this man who'd found a special place in her heart.

“Why don't you tell her why you were?!” Kisame's voice came from the trees.

Itachi had half a mind to go kill the shark and feed him as sushi to the demon in his arms, remembering how much she loved fish. Yuna was watching him now, able to see the redness of his cheeks.