Stubborn

Chapter 16

Running out of the shopping market, Yuna came into direct contact with the Uchiha she'd been trying to find. He pulled her tight against his chest, bringing her into a shadowed spot. Itachi held her closer than humanly possible, squishing her against her chest.

“What's wrong, why did you block me, Yuna?” His questions came pouring out, concern filling more than just his obsidian gaze.

The demon felt her body relax in the warmth of his embrace, barely hearing any of the words flying in her direction. She was only glad to be back in the security of his arms.

“Are you even listening to me?” Itachi demanded, forcing her to look up at him. She smiled sheepishly, shaking her head. He frowned a little, but couldn't help smiling a little at her face.

He pulled her back against him, resting his chin on the top of her head. “That's it, no more solo missions.” He grumbled.

The kyuubi laughed lowly. “Nothing happened.... I just came into contact with the Kazekage..” She said into his cloak.

The Uchiha frowned, his grip tightening around her, if that was possible. “What did he want?”

“He said he wanted to protect me..” Yuna replied, not looking up to meet what she's sure were Itachi's sharingan eyes. “Said is I stayed I'd be untouchable..”

“And what did you say?”

“I said no.” She said snuggling into Itachi's body. “Besides, I don't need him to protect me. I have you.”

The raven chuckled, lifting her off the ground. “And I'll always be here for you.” He said, stroking behind her ear.

She churred softly, her tails curling under her dress. But her happiness was short lived. “I guess The missions compromised..” She said quietly.

“Not at all, running into the Kage was unfortunate, but if he's willing to let you wander free in the village. We should be safe to spend the night before we go.” Itachi said, ruffling her hair.

“Found you.” The pair looked up to see Kisame had entered the dark path. He gave them a razor sharp smile, waving to the little kyuubi. “Yo. Itachi, I got us a room at a motel not far from here.” He said lifting his gaze.

The Uchiha nodded. “Good, we'll leave first thing tomorrow.”

He placed the kitsune, in his arms, back on the ground. Releasing her from his tight embrace, but intertwining their fingers. She grinned and took Kisame's hand into her free one.

“Lead on Kisame-sempai.” She cooed, leaning on the blue man's arm a little, much to a certain raven's annoyance.

The shark chuckled, leading them down a few blocks from the tea shop. Yuna pretended it didn't bother her, but Itachi caught the nervous glance she'd given the small place. It wasn't too hard for him to piece together that she had been confronted by the Kage there.

His grip on her hand tightened, before they went to their hotel room. As usual there were only the two beds. The two men had discovered early on in their partnership with Yuna that getting another room would be a waste of time and money. She'd just sneak into the Uchiha's bed while she thought they were asleep.

“I'll take first watch.” Itachi said.

Yuna frowned a little, that meant he wouldn't be laying down. Kisame chuckled at the pout that formed on the kitsune's face, ruffling her hair as he went to the bed closest to the window. “Alright, wake me when it's my shift.” He said, taking off Samehada.