I Do

Chapter 32

“You ruin everything....” Yuna grumbled as she crossed her arms, walking a few steps a head of Itachi.

He couldn't help but chuckle. The kyuubi was ticked off with him for revealing that Sasuke was in fact alive. He had been letting her have the best few days of her life, and then she'd overheard him conversing with Kisame about where they were going.

“Not everything.” The raven replied, giving her what could have been a devious smile. The kitsune's face flushed with color as she picked up on what he meant. The raven chuckled, pulling her in for a kiss.

“Ugh... Let's just find a hotel already.” Their shark like partner grumbled, moving past them.

“Kisame-sempai! Don't be like that!” Yuna cooed, trying to hide her chur as he scoffed.

Itachi shook his head, letting his kyuubi go as she tried to get the taller male to smile. He knew the ex-kiri-nin was only pretending to ignore her. After all, she was his favorite, even though most of her competition was dead.

A sigh left the Uchiha's lips as he thought about the days to come and how Yuna would have to adapt to the loss of her mate. He wondered if she might try curling up next to Kisame the first night. But remembered how she'd complained about smelling like fish the last time she did.

The kitsune must have noticed how he had started to trail behind, letting his teammates go ahead as though he wasn't even there. That was something he knew Yuna despised.

“Itachi?” Her crimson orbs seemed to flood with worry as she jumped off Kisame's shoulder and joined her mate.

She held his hand tightly, as though she were afraid he'd slip away without her there. Itachi forced a sad smile, caressing her cheek with his free hand. 'I'll never forget you.' He mentally whispered, kissing her soft pink lips. 'Never ever.'

---------------

It was nearly night fall when they stopped in a small town. Yuna looked almost half asleep as she walked, but refused to let the Uchiha carry her. She'd seen him coughing earlier, when the raven thought Kisame had been distracting her.

“Itachi?”

“Hm?”

“Let's get married.”

The man practically tripped over his own feet, staring at her in shock. “What?”

“Let's get married, right now.” The kitsune repeated, pointing at a church they had been passing. Her eyes were glowing brightly, lighting up the space around them.

“But I thought you said marriage was only a piece of paper.” He replied, trying to regulate his breathing.

The demon scowled, tugging on his arm. “Mah. But Itachi values the idea of marriage, and this kyuubi wants to be bound to him in every way she can.”

The Uchiha smiled sadly. “But Yuna-..”

“I know you're not gonna be around long enough for us to go on our honeymoon, or have kids.” She she said, cutting him off. “But I want to marry you before you get the chance to see heaven's gates.”

Itachi blushed terribly as his crimson beauty successfully pulled him into the chapel, followed by a shark that was near rolling on the floor with laughter.

“Priest-sama! I demand you wed us at once!”

If Itachi's face wasn't red before, it certainly was now. Yuna had interrupted an evening prayer service. All eyes had gone to them the instant Yuna had pushed open the doors rather loudly.

The man, he assumed to be the priest, looked at the demon with a mix of fear and confusion. Of course who wouldn't be when a powerful kyuubi suddenly barges into your church and demands you marry her to her love.

“I beg your pardon?”

“I need you to marry this man and me. These people shall be our witnesses!” The kitsune called out, not at all deterred by all eyes on her.

Itachi felt sorry for the man, as he let the couple and their friend come up onto the stage. He started out some what awkward, but gradually relaxed as the ceremony progressed into the more normal process. Yuna held Itachi's hands as they smiled at each other.

Though Itachi wasn't sure this was the best thing the couple could be doing right now, he allowed his kyuubi to have this moment.

“Do you have the rings?”

Itachi was about to say no, but Kisame stepped forward. “I got 'em.” He gave each a ring, smirking like the devil. The raven felt like he was the only one who hadn't known of Yuna's plan.

Though he hadn't realized it, when it came time for the Uchiha to say his vows he found his throat had suddenly grown dry. He swallowed, trying not to sound weak. “I do.”

Yuna's eyes lit up as she had to resist kissing him then. “I do!” She chirped when it was her turn.

The priest barely had time to pronounce them wed before their lips had met. Surprisingly their were claps and whistles of congratulations, even though Yuna had interrupted their service.

The red head grinned at the priest, grabbing his hand. “Thank you so much.” She churred, before letting Itachi lead her back up the aisle, apologizing to the man on the way.

---------

Kinaru: Teehee! Couldn't resist embarrassing Itachi! But anyway, Hope you enjoyed.

Please Vote follow and review!

I don't own Naruto or Shippuden, but that hasn't stopped me yet!

Also! Guess who is having surgery Monday? This girl! I'm hoping to upload once before then, but I dunno. And Since I'm having surgery, I'm taking a week off school, so maybe if I'm not too loopy, I'll upload some more?

But ya, so there's something to look forward to.

-

-

-

-

SAD NINJA OUT!!!!!