Epilogue

Epilogue

“You know what Madara has done.” It was hardly a question. Pain knew this as Konan was fixing him with one of her strongest glares.

“Yes.” The ginger was standing before a large window, staring out at his village, Amegakure. The rain was falling heavily, as if it too were mourning over the loss of Yuna.

“And what are you going to do?” The blue haired kunoichi demanded, not willing to let the subject slide.

“I can do nothing till he gives me an assignment.”

Konan scowled, turning her ice cold glare on the ground. “Nagato...” She turned him to look at her. “We can't just let him take her away.”

The man frowned at the use of his real bodies name. “She's not taken away. She's with the res of kyuubi. We will get her back when we get the jinjuriki.”

This did little to please the kunoichi as she crossed her arms, about to launch into a full rant. But he interrupted her. “For now, she's safer in Konoha, with Itachi's brother here.” He looked back at his childhood companion. “He would kill her in seconds.”

Konan sighed, but looked no happier. Her gaze went down to her own stomach. “Why didn't we ever have kids?”

The path blushed slightly, turning away from her, and looking back out at the village they adored. “We wanted to wait till we had finally found peace, a time when they could be safe from war and pain.”

The bluette placed a hand on his shoulder. “Will we survive long enough for such a time to arrive.”

He gave her a pained expression, but nodded. “I will make sure of it.”

------------

“Tsunade-baa, why does she look so pale?”

The hokage sighed, just having entered the heavily guarded hospital room. Naruto was sitting in the chair right next to the bed that held his ex-teammate.

He was right when he said she was pale, especially when the kyuubi was normally darker than him. Her skin could rival the bed sheets in their lightness.

“Her body hasn't gotten any of the nutrients it needs to survive, and the blood production is very low. Do you expect her to be rosy cheeked?” She saw him frown out of the corner of her eye, as she went about looking over Yuna's clipboard.

“When will she wake up? I don't want to leave without talking to her.” Naruto stated, holding tightly to the kyuubi's hand.

Tsunade grimaced, she'd never met the kitsune before now, but everything she'd heard made her want to put her back in the containment cell she'd been rescued from by Sasuke. “I already told you, whether she wakes up or not is of her own decision.”

Naruto let out a small growl. “I don't see what has gotten her thinking she shouldn't live any longer.”

The female blonde wanted to clap him on the back of the head. He should fully understand why she would give up on life. “You would think the same if someone you cherished betrayed you-..”

“She wasn't with Sasuke! Dammit!” The jinjuriki yelled, slamming his free hand on the side table. “She wasn't... She probably just ran into him. Yeah, that's what she did.”

Tsunade looked down at the test results, not wanting to see how angered Naruto became over the thought of Yuna being with Sasuke.

“Oh, Tsunade-sama.” Sakura paused at the door, a vase of sunflowers in her grasp. “Has anything changed in Yuna-chan's vitals?” She asked hopefully, as she went and placed the flowers on the bedside table.