Christmas Special

Chapter 18 Christmas Special of Christmas Past!!!

“Okaa-san, I've got the ornaments from the attic.”

“Okay, you can start putting them on the tree, while I finish up in the kitchen.” Mebuki replied from the other room.

Sakura smiled a little, placing the decoration box by the tree, unfolding the flaps. She took out many of the fragile orbs, hanging them on the different branches of the pine.

She kneeled to place some on the lower branches, but hesitated, seeing a globe she'd neglected to pick out of the box. Her eyes went wide as she stared at the frosty orb, she and her teammates had made the year before.

Inside a picture, of the four teens and their sensei, rested. It had been taken at the pinkette's house on Christmas. The group had tried to mimic their original team photo, but Naruto had decided to hit Sasuke with a snowball. Which had splashed onto the two girls between them.

Mebuki hadn't waited for them to stop fighting. She'd taken the picture and captured the memory forever. Naruto and Sasuke throwing snow at each other, Sakura ducking for cover. Yuna lifting her own snowball to hit Naruto, and Kakashi shaking his head in the background.

Sakura sighed looking back on that day. How she wished they could be together again for Christmas. That would be the perfect present. She just wanted her friends back.

--------FLASHBACK---------

Yuna-chan! Stop eating the cookies!”

The two tailed beast frowned a little, taking one more cookie from the platter before following her friend out of the living room.

They should be here any minute!” Sakura squealed, fixing her Santa hat and her long sleeved red dress. She looked like she was trying to pass as a young Mrs. Clause. Her hair was pulled into a loose ponytail with bells on the hairband. She wore white tights and red slippers to complete the outfit, her dress only reaching her knees.

Yuna was dressed like one of Santa's helpers. Her dress was green and jagged at the bottom, falling to her knees. She had on a red and green curling elf hat with a bell, that had holes for her ears. A red belt around her middle was decorated in bells, making her jingle every time she moved.

She also had on red and white striped tights and dark green shoes with bells on the ends, all and all she felt humiliated. But Sakura said everyone would be dressed for the occasion since she planned for them to have a picture for their first Christmas as team seven.

The beast frowned, noticing Sakura had tied bells to her two tail tips. Oh yes she was totally getting a snowball down her shirt later.

The doorbell ringing brought the kitsune from her thoughts. “They're here!” Sakura screamed giddily, almost making her friend go deaf as they ran to the door, Yuna only because the pinkette was holding her hand.

Sakura whipped the door open to reveal Naruto Sasuke and Kakashi. “MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!” Naruto yelled, grinning like an idiot as he tried to hug the two girls, only succeeding in catching Sakura.

Shut up dope.” Yuna frowned seeing Sasuke right behind the hyperactive blonde.

Both boys were wearing Santa hats, but aside from that neither was wearing much else christmasy. Kakashi however was dressed in a complete Santa suite, he was only missing the beard and hat, his blue mask and headband kind of throwing off the look.

The kitsune's frown deepened as she looked at Sakura, as though to say 'they're not dressed up.' And it was clear Yuna stood out in her mostly green attire.