One Kyuubi, Two Enemies

Chapter 24

He could hear her. Her churs were loud enough he could hear them through the wall, and he wondered what had her in such a good mood. He'd thought that being her next door neighbor she'd be more alert even in her own room.

Tobi smirked, behind his mask, listening. He was quite interested in the female beast. He hadn't expected the kyuubi to be so tame. He was almost disappointed, he was hoping for a more wild demon. Like she'd been when she was one with the other part of Kyuubi.

His curiosity only grew though, as he had learned of Yuna's romantic connection to Uchiha Itachi. He had heard Zetsu discussing it with Pain, who had seemed slightly bothered by what the plant had to report.

He found it very very intriguing. Why would a tailed beast even think to share a special relationship with a mere human? More importantly though, he wondered how the Kyuubi had been able to split its self into two separate beings to begin with. It was absolutely unheard of.

The Uchiha got off of his bed, having heard Itachi leave the beast's room. She was completely alone now. He had wanted to go to her earlier, but Hidan had beat him to it, now no one would interfere with his plan.

Itachi had gone off to do some training or something with Kisame. Recommending Yuna get settled in. Not that she really needed to, they would probably be in a different base by the time it came to seal another of the tailed beast.

Pulling his fake childish behavior back on, Tobi skipped the few steps from his room the Yuna's. “Yuna-chan! Yuna-chan!” He called, knocking loudly on her door.

He smirked darkly as the kitsune's churs turned into a deep snarl. He could only imagine the dark looks she was casting at the door. Not waiting for an invitation he pushed into her room. “Tobi had a super idea! Let's play a game together! Kay? Then Yuna-chan and Tobi will be best friends!”

The kyuubi sneered at the idea, she was crouched defensively on the edge of her bed, almost as though she expected him to attack. Oh Yes, he could find himself enjoying every moment of this little game.

Tobi skipped over to her, completely ignoring how her claws and teeth had grown longer in the few moments he'd been in her room. “Oh Tobi knows! Yuna-chan let's watch a movie! We can eat popcorn! Do our nails! Braid each others hair! Oh and talk about boys!!!”

Yuna stared at him with a new level of disgust, most likely thinking how wrong it was for a guy to want to do such things. Tobi grabbed her hand, ignoring the very animalistic sound that could have shaken the whole room.

“Tobi and Yuna-chan are going to be the best of friends, right Yuna-chan?” The raven asked, finally giving her a chance to speak.

Her lips pulled back in a deadly snarl as she took a step closer to him, the man could feel her chakra unseal itself. Even though they were no longer touching, it felt like flames were licking at his skin, oh yes he was definitely pushing her to her breaking point.

“No. No we aren't.” Her voice was deadly calm, and it was only then Tobi decided to fake his scaredy cat side.

He face gasped, looking up at her with one glistening charcoal orb. “But Tobi is a good boy! Tobi wants to be friends!” He wailed.

He could see her anger hit the roof as she practically ripped his head off with her eyes. “You're not a good boy and we will never be friends!” She snapped, lunging at him.

The masked boy screamed, jumping out of the way just in time for her to destroy her table. “Yuna-chan! Don't kill Tobi!” She ignored his words, coming after him again.