First Sighting

Chapter 21

“So I have to Stand look out.... With him?” Yuna asked slightly worried as she looked up at the plant being that would be keeping her company while everyone else was sealing the one tails.

She was more than a little bummed out that she wasn't allowed to be present. She kind of wanted to see Shukaku one last time before he was sealed. But Itachi had convinced her it was too dangerous, though he did not tell her why.

The Uchiha gave her a more than distressed look, he wasn't too fond of Zetsu watching her either, but Pain would need everyone else to help in the sealing. He pulled her to him in a gentle hug. “It's only for a few days.”

A little quieter so the plant wouldn't hear, he whispered. “I'll make sure to give you special attention when I get back in my body.” He whispered, blowing into her ear.

The kyuubi chirped in response, a smile lighting up her face as she kissed the raven. Zetsu stared at the couple slightly curious, he'd have to alert Leader of the growing affection between their nine tails and the young Uchiha.

“Alright already! Itachi quit kissing her, we've got to focus!” Kisame said, tugging the couple apart, it was kind of awkward being teamed with the pair, especially when it appeared they were in the lovey dovey stage.

Yuna yelled, having been lifted off her feet by the tall shark. She sighed giving the blue skinned man a hug. “Mah. I'll miss you too, Kisame-sempai.” She cooed, kissing his cheek.

He blushed slightly, giving her a light glare. “Stop trying to butter me up Yuna-chan, I know you're only trying to get more time with Itachi.”

She gave him an innocent smile as he placed her back on her feet, patting the top of her head. Ruffling her fur and hair a little as he did so.

“Take care of our bodies for us.” Itachi said as he sat down, with his legs crossed. Kisame joined his partner a few moments later, giving Yuna a small smile before they both made began their meditation. Their minds leaving to aid Pain in the extraction of the one tails.

“Mah. So how many of you are there?” Yuna asked, looking up at Zetsu as she sat next to Itachi, her back against his shoulder.

The black and white man gave her a twisted smile. “Do not worry, Kyuubi. It's only me here.”

Somehow him saying that didn't make her feel any better. If anything it made her more cautious. Her voice only changed when she was in her beast form. He had two voices all the time.

----------

“It looks like I'll be able to pay him back for that kick that he gave me.”

Yuna yelped, hearing Kisame's voice. “Mah! What are you doing back in your body?” She demanded as the blue skinned man got up and picked up his sword.

“We'll chat later Yuna-chan. Got some shinobi coming our way.” He said, and before she could even respond he was focusing once again.

She scowled, looking at the raven, she'd been making him a bracelet from red thread and some charms she'd picked up in the last town.

Zetsu, who was supposed to be keeping her company, smiled. “You'll have to excuse me. I have better stuff to do than babysit kyuubi.” She gave him a cold glare as he faded into the earth.

Well at least she still had Itachi. She smiled a little, connecting three of the charms to the bracelet. One had a large ' Y ', another had a ' <3 ', and the third had a ' I '. She'd already made one saying ' I <3 Y '. It was resting happily on her wrist.

She was just tying the second one to the former anbu's, when his arm moved. She jumped, looking up at him in surprise. He gave her a small smile, petting her head. “Just a little longer, why don't you go to sleep.” He asked.

She frowned a little, but allowed herself to curl onto the Uchiha's laps. “Mah. Wake me when it's over.” She mumbled, curling her tails around them.

Itachi smiled softly, noticing their matching bracelets as he went into his meditation again, but not before kissing her head.

-------------

Yuna awoke while Itachi was still outside his body. She looked around feeling a familiar chakra. One she hadn't felt in more that two years.

“Naru....to..” She carefully got out of Itachi's lap, standing as she looked in the direction she could feel it from.

He was near the base's entrance, she noted. Giving Itachi and Kisame's bodies on last glance, she leaped from the stones. If Naruto was near her home, that meant there were other leaf shinobi there as well.

She shook her head of the possible idea of Sakura being with him. No matter what, she wouldn't let them harm her new family. She wouldn't let the past destroy her future. Explosions alerted her that some kind of fight had already begun.

The Kyuubi was like a bolt of red, flashing across the water's surface. Zipping thought the tree lines. Her legs moving faster than they ever had. Her wish to protect her family fueling her will to keep going.

Yuna skidded to an abrupt halt, her feet stopping just a few inches from a battle torn piece of earth. She couldn't quite recognize where she was. But there was one thing she was absolutely certain of, she could feel her dad's chakra.

She whipped her head around in the direction to which she could feel Naruto and the other part of kyuubi. Her heart had jumped into her throat as she thought of what Kurama would think if he saw his daughter now.

She wasn't sure she was ready for a family reunion, even if she had promised she'd see him soon, but that had been before she'd left, before she'd become a criminal. She didn't have much time to think of that as she spotted some familiar faces.

What was left of team seven, accompanied by team Gai, Gaara, and an old woman. She tensed realizing she couldn't feel Gaara or Shukaku's chakra. The kitsune stood, silently, at the end of the tree line. She had a great many exits if anyone noticed her.

The crimsonette watched as Naruto and the old woman leaned over what she assumed was Gaara's corpse. 'Is that what happens at the sealing?' She wondered. Was that why Itachi didn't want her anywhere near the hideout? Because it killed the Jinjuriki? And what of Shukaku?

Where was the one tailed beast? She couldn't feel his chakra anywhere. Had he also been killed? Yuna felt her fur bristle. 'Had the Akatsuki come up with a way to kill the tailed beast as well?'

Feeling eyes on him, Kakashi looked back, over his shoulder. Past the sand villagers, where he could just make out the tree line. A nearly completely red figure stood, slightly shadowed by the tree to which they stood by.

His eye went wide as he realized who it was. “Yu-..” But before he'd even said the first syllable of her name, the kyuubi had vanished in a flash of red.

---------------

Kinaru: So I know some of you were probably hoping for Yuna to have a bigger role in this part of the story, where she actually came into contact with the leaf shinobi. But problem was, if I had done that, it would have messed up my plans for later chapters.

Though I do hope you still enjoyed. I know this isn't one of my best, but I promise to get a better on up soon.

So please.

VOTE!

FOLLOW!

AND

REVIEW!

I would love to know your beautiful thoughts.

-

-

-

-

SAD NINJA OUT!!!!!