Frightened

Chapter 12

“Is this party boring you, little cardinal?”

The disguised demon's gaze lifted to the man who had entered just after her. She mentally smirked, finally, the lord showed himself. Though she didn't like being referred to as a bird, she let it slide, since this might be her only chance to get in his room and office.

“Mah. I've been to so many parties, I'd hoped this one would have something different.” She said, pouting her lips as she flipped her hair over her shoulder. It was not on purpose, but the sudden revealing of her bare shoulder seemed to catch his interest.

Yuna had only done it because she didn't like her hair falling forward and usually had her ears to hold it back. The lord gave her a dazzling smile. “Perhaps my little cardinal would enjoy a much more private party? With a bottle of Sake, in only my company?”

The demon let a small smile form on her lips, looking the man up and down to give the illusion that she was actually interested in what he had to offer. He didn't look half bad, his muscles quite apparent under his sandy brown yukata and darker obi.

His dark charcoal hair was pulled back, but a few strands fell forward to frame his face and strong jaw line. His eyes were bright green, she could almost see her reflection in them. She wouldn't have thought he was older than twenty six, but the file Itachi had read to her said he was in his early forties.

“If his lord would allow me, I would be very pleased to share only his company.” She said, stepping closer to him.

The man smirked, wrapping an arm around her waist, as he pulled her closer. Yuna almost gagged at his scent. This man was clearly an alcoholic, but he didn't show signs of being drunk, so he must be hoping to get her drunk before having his way with her.

“Then let us leave this dreary party and retire to a more private room.” He said, leading them down the hall and up a flight of stairs.

Kisame had been right. He didn't take her to his office, he took her straight to the bedroom, where a bottle of sake was already waiting on a table with two glasses. The crimson haired girl couldn't help but think she was the one being setup. It was almost like he expected her to come with him.

She shook her head of the thought, watching the man go back to the door and lock it so they wouldn't be disturbed.

“Shall we?” He asked, beckoning to the table and long plush sofa. She smiled, taking his hand as they went over to it, making herself comfortable. Though on the inside she was trying to figure out an escape route, he'd sealed his door shut, she couldn't just unlock it and go. And she was sure the second door to his office was equally sealed. Leaving her no way of escape.

The lord smiled as he poured her glass, giving her the full cup of sake, he definitely wanted her drunk. Yuna took in a small breath, she'd never drank sake before, and this one seemed to be exceptionally strong, she didn't know how it would effect her body.

“Two our new found friendship?” The lord stated, clinking glasses with her. Though Yuna knew he was more interested in her body, than any possible relationship. He was known for sleeping with any woman who caught his eye.

“To our friendship.” she said and took a generous sip, not wanting her target to become suspicious. He seemed pleased with her actions, taking a large gulp of his own, he must have a very high tolerance for the liquid. She found the drink to be somewhat bland, wishing it were blood instead, she would have gladly gotten drunk off that, this sake not so much.

Yuna finished her glass, only because he kept looking at her expectantly. She decided she'd have to get the ball rolling, letting her shoulders sag a little, her eyes drooped. She'd seen enough drunks in her life to know how to act.