E I G H T E E N

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN,
Mia Knows All and Cole Knows Less.

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN,Mia Knows All and Cole Knows Less

"ALRIGHT MRS. TAG TEAM WHATS GOT YOUR KNICKERS IN A TWIST?" Mia asked as she approached Laken who was sitting with her new companion down by the Black Lake.

It had now been a week and a half since Oliver had basically knocked her real feelings down her throat, and now she couldn't help but realize how right he was. She had been paying more attention to Fred and all of the little things he did like tap beats onto the table when he was bored or write notes back and forth with George instead of doing his school work.

Cedric was slowly becoming more of a distant memory, which was odd considering how close she had gotten with him recently. Now they would stop and talk in the halls, sometimes talk between classes. And even if Laken didn't notice it, everyone else was starting to take notice of Cedrics affection for the girl.

Fred hadn't noticed Lakens change around him. How she would blush and look away when they made eye contact or when she would stare at him from across the table during meals. But Oliver noticed, shaking his head because of how obvious the two were.

On the other hand, Fred had become pretty close with Cho Chang. At first it was just for the Plan, so that he could make Laken think he was actually trying like she was with Cedric. But now they had become pretty close friends.

Laken looked up from her book and the dog who had currently been resting his head on her laps ears perked up at the sound of the new arrival.

"Huh? Tag team? Why would you-"

"Because you have like three boyfriends." Mia cut her off as she flopped down next to her, reaching over to pet the dog who now wore a annoyed expression on his face. "What's his name again? And why does he look so annoyed?"

"I call him Midnight." Laken shrugged, a small smile on her face as she looked down at the black dog who had quickly become one of her best friends. "And I don't really know, he hates boy talk. Every time I bring one up he gets like that."

Mia looked at Midnight weirdly, he didn't hesitate to give her an odd look back.

"Maybe he has a dog crush on you." Mia laughed as the dogs expression changed into one of pure horror. He then whined before throwing his paws over his eyes. "Or maybe not."

"You're so weird." Laken laughed as she reached over to pat Midnights head in reassurance.

"Anyways." Mia started as she turned away from Midnight, sitting criss cross applesauce in front of Laken. "You have been acting odd lately. Why is that?"

Lakens eyes grew wide, worried that Mia had figured her out. Mia raised her eyebrows at this.

"What no?" Laken said, making it out to be more of a question than a statement.