T H I R T Y T H R E E

CHAPTER THIRTY THREE,
It's Okay To Not Be Okay.

"HEY MIA DID YOU TAKE MY-" Cole started as he slammed the door open to his sisters dorm room

"HEY MIA DID YOU TAKE MY-" Cole started as he slammed the door open to his sisters dorm room. Looking up he saw his sister comforting his upset friend and quickly shut the door before rushing over. "Hey what's wrong?" He asked softly, his voice cracking as he watched Laken sob into Mias arms.

"I-" Laken went to start, her voice being unrecognizable due to her cries.

"Shh it's okay. Tell us when your ready." Mia interrupted. She knew Laken needed to cry it all out before explaining herself.

"We're here for you Laken." Cole said, moving closer so she was being held in both his and Mias arms. "We aren't going anywhere."

After about ten more minutes of crying Laken was finally calming down enough to explain what made her upset, and when she did both Mia and Cole were livid.

"WHAT?!" They screamed together, their identical colored eyes growing dark as they thought over the new information they had just learned.

"I- I'm gonna kill! I'm gonna beat him up." Cole said as he began to make his way to the door only to be stopped by Mia who pushed him to the side and stormed past him. "Not If I get my hands on him first." She snarled.

Before the door could be opened and Fred could be murdered Laken spoke up, capturing their attention and breaking them out of their angry trance.

"Guys no! Please don't, I-I just need to stay away from him for now. I don't want to see him." She told them softly, sniffing and wiping under her eyes to get rid of the left over tear streaks. "I'm fine."

Mias face fell and she shared a sad look with her brother who felt just as upset as she did by their friend being hurt.

Cole sighed and walked over to Laken before kneeling in front of her and taking her hands in his.

"It's okay to not be okay." He told her softly, sending her a small smile while rubbing reassuring circles on her hand. "You don't have to be strong all the time."

And he was right, she didn't have to be strong all the time. Laken has always been the kind of person to bottle up everything inside until she hits her breaking point. For example, she was hitting one of those breaking points now.

She wasn't just crying over Fred. She was crying over her fight with Harry, the stress from school, hurting Oliver, and almost everything to do with her father. She was crying because after building all those emotions up, they were now coming back to bite her right after she lost her best friend.

"Your not a slut Laken, he was just speaking out of  anger. He probably just figured out he is in love with you and didn't know how to react." Mia said as she walked over an sat by her side.