S E V E N T E E N

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN,
It's Always Been Him.

THE TWO FRIENDS SAT IN SHOCK FOR SEVERAL MINUTES, Laken trying to comprehend what just left Olivers mouth and Oliver impatiently waiting for her reply

THE TWO FRIENDS SAT IN SHOCK FOR SEVERAL MINUTES, Laken trying to comprehend what just left Olivers mouth and Oliver impatiently waiting for her reply. He really didn't expect much, he knew the feelings were one sided but he really needed to get it off of his chest.

"Acca-scuse me?"  Laken asked after she broke out of her staring contest with the wall, turning to face the Wood boy with a look of disbelief on her face.

If it weren't at this exact moment Oliver would probably have laughed at her words. A few years ago when she spent the summer at his house they had watched some muggle movie about singing, ever since then when Laken was in absolute shock instead of saying "excuse me" like a normal person she said "Acca-scuse me." It started off as a joke between them but it soon became a habit she still hadn't broke.

"Listen Laken." Oliver said as he sat up and turned to face her. "You don't have to give me a reply. I just needed to get that off my chest. I know you don't feel the same and that's okay I promise. I know that it's always been Fred and I get that but-"

Before Oliver could continue Lakens eyes grew even wider than they already were. Did he just say Fred? He really didn't think that did he? No, it was probably just a slip up. Oliver knew it had always been Cedric. Right?

"What did you just say?" She asked him, pulling the blanket farther up her chest as she sat up so they could be directly face to face.

Oliver furrowed his eyebrows in confusion. Did he say something wrong?

"I said that I know it's always been Fred-"

"That!" Laken explained as she cut him off once more. "Why would you say that?"

"What are you on about love?" Oliver asked in confusion. He was only telling the truth.

"Fred. You said it's always been Fred but I don't understand because it's always been-" Oliver was the one to cut her off this time, rolling his eyes as he did so.

"Cedric, yea, yada yada yada." Oliver said with annoyance in his tone. "Look darling, I love you I really do but are you really that daft? I mean common, you really haven't figured your own feelings out?"

Laken crossed her arms across her chest as she gave him a slightly offended look.

"I hate to be the one to tell you this, but it's not Cedric your in love with. Simple as that." Oliver said with a shrug.

"And who are you to tell me who I do and do not love?" Laken snapped back at him. Why would he think that? She had never made any moves towards Fred other than during their fake dating arrangement. Or at least she didn't think she did.

Oliver was silent for a second before another sigh escape his lips.

"I want you to think long and hard about what I'm about to ask you okay?" Oliver said in a slightly softer tone, he knew if acted upset with her it would just make this all the more difficult.