F O R T Y F I V E

CHAPTER FORTY FIVE,
A Second Chance.

BY THE END OF THE NIGHT SIRIUS BLACK WAS PROVEN INNOCENT, it wasn't as long of a process as Laken thought it would be but she was thankful that her father was now a free man and Peter was in Azkaban

Peter had been served to life in Azkaban after he broke down and apologized for all he had done. There had been no need for a trail as Peter had admitted to everything.

Sirius Black was no longer a felon and was free to live life the way he deserved. He finally had his second chance.

After his innocence was proven Sirius has dropped to his knees, sobbing as he held his children tightly to his chest.

Finally, after all these years he could be a father to them. Give them the life he wanted them to have.  The life they deserved.

Now, as Laken walked into the great hall for the feast, she felt on edge. Dumbledore was to announce the innocence of her father and she was nervous for the reaction of her school.

"Laken!" Fred, Lee, and George yelled as they all spotted her from their seats at the Gryffindor table.

Fred was the first person to reach her, swooping her in his arms as he swung her around before he placing her back down.

It was a complete shock to Laken, as well as the rest of the great hall, when he connected his lips to hers in a passionate kiss.

"I thought we weren't going to tell anyone yet." She said as she pulled away, her breathing heavy as she smiled up at him happily.

"YOLO." He smirked before she was suddenly pulled out of his arms and into Lees.

"Oh thank god! Ron told us what happened and I had to make sure you were okay." Lee sighed as he squeezed her tightly.

"I'm okay Lee." Laken chuckled as she pulled away and hugged George.

"You sure your good?" George asked her softly causing her to smile.

"Couldn't be better." She smiled brightly before pulling him and the others back to their seats. Oliver sent her a smile which she quickly returned before sitting down in her seat next to Fleamont who gave her a quick side hug.
"Now watch, Dumbledore has an announcement." She said as she pointed to Dumbledore who was now capturing the attention of the great hall.

"Excuse me, if I could please have everyone's attention." He called out causing the great hall to go silent. "I know that this year has been rather interesting, with all that has been going on it's been difficult for everyone but we made it through." He said with a smile as he glanced around the room. "This afternoon Sirius Black was captured-"