F O U R

CHAPTER FOUR,
Grape play.

"LAKEN BLACK IF YOU DARE WAKE ME UP ONE MORE TIME THIS MORING I WILL CUT OFF ONE OF YOUR BOOBIES AND SHOVE IT DOWN YOUR THROAT!"

Laken winced at her friends words and crossed her arms over her chest to protect herself.

"You will do no such thing to my babies." Laken scoffed before bending down to pick up the makeup brush she had dropped. The one that hit the floor rather loudly awaking a grumpy Mia Evans.

"You call your boobs your babies? You know what? Don't answer that I really don't want to know. You have woke me up three times this morning, sneaking back in here at three am, then taking a shower and singing your heart out at three fifteen am, and just now. I need my beauty sleep and I won't hesitate to Avada kadavra you if I don't get it." Mia grumbled as she threw her head back into her pillow.

Laken and Mia met first year, they shared a room together. Luckily it was just the two of them in one room. They weren't best friends but they were still very close. Anytime Mia had a problem Laken was there to hold her as she cried, and it was the same the other way around. Like last year when Mias girlfriend cheated on her with her best friend. Mia didn't leave her room for two weeks, and neither did Laken as she was to busy trying to make Mia feel like she deserved better. And she did. Three weeks after the incident Mia walked in the great hall with new found confidence and a smile on her face. And it was all because of Laken Black.

"Sorry. But you should get up soon, it's the first day of classes." Laken said as she slipped on her robe.

"I suppose you're right." Mia sighed as she threw her blanket off and made her way to the bathroom, stopping at the door to turn and look Laken in the eye. "So why were you out so late last night?"

Lakens eyes widened, she didn't expect Mia to ask about it so she really had no excuse. And the blush that covered her face at the memories of the night before didn't help.

"I uh- studying?" Laken said, it came out sounding more like a question than a statement.

"Studying?" Mia raised an eyebrow. "Before classes have even started?"

"Oh well you know me, always wanting a head start." Laken laughed nervously as she started backing up to the door. "I must go, promised Fred I would butter his toast. Tootles."

Laken dashed out the door and down to the common room before Mia could even get another word out, gasping in surprise and she bumped into someone and flew back onto her arse.

"Hey watch- Laken? Where are you off to in such a rush?" Fred asked as he grabbed her hand to pull her up, parks flying up his arm as he did so.

"To butter your toast." She shrugged casually as she took her hand out of his so she could brush off her robe.