Chapter 23

RIDE OR DIE TRAILER IS OUT NOW ^ (Made by my amazing boyfriend who took the time to put this together for me)

"Don't forget that you do have a physics paper due after Christmas break, please do not wait till the last minute to complete it." Mr. Peters; my physics teacher announced to the class. It was last block and I anxiously awaited for the bell to ring, not wanting to spend another minute in this class. Out of the only two classes I had with Pierce, they had both been after lunch. And for a bonus, I had physics with him and Mercury.

I hadn't said a word to either of them, but Mercury made it her goal to hang all over Pierce just to get underneath my skin. I anxiously shook my leg up and down as I glanced over at the clock repeatedly. Mr. Peters continued to remind us about everything we needed for our paper and I tuned him out after a while. I looked over to see Mercury hugging Pierce's bicep as she laid her head on his shoulder. Rolling my eyes in response, I wanted nothing but to slap her.

The bell rang and I spent no time hesitating in grabbing my stuff. I bid my goodbyes to Mr. Peter before exiting the classroom only to be grabbed to be pulled to the side. "Hey," Juniper linked her arm with mine while we headed down the hallway "What you said to Mercury in the cafeteria..absolutely priceless, the look on her face- just glad someone can put that bitch in her place."

Juniper and I walked through the crowded halls of all the students who were still uneasy after the whole shooting, you could tell there was tension in everyone's steps. I felt even worse, knowing Knox was after me but not knowing exactly why. "Why don't you?" I asked curiously knowing Juniper could put anyone in their place if she wanted to, but she was too nice.

"I've tried...Mercury is the queen of manipulation. I just wish she'd leave my poor brother alone. Pierce looks for love in all the wrong places and is just as bad as her." Juniper sighed "It's a lost cause. They continue to go behind everyone's backs even after Archer and Xander put in the no dating rule because of them."

"Yeah well, Pierce seems to be the king of manipulation.." I added "I just don't get it, all the mix signals he sends me. The guy is the hardest person to read that I've ever met. One minute he's being possessive and making flirty comments, next he wants nothing to do with me and we're back to square one."

"Don't even try to read him." She shook her head at me "You'll never be able to. It's Pierce's world and we're all just living in it..you just have to go with it."

"Ambrosia! Gunner!" A voice shouted after Juniper and me, making us stop at the side of the hallway only to see Triston jog up to us and link my other arm. "Can I just say that I absolutely love you?" Triston chuckled at me "So glad someone said something to miss Princess Mercury Sullivan."

We entered outside of the school where buses surrounded the school and made our way over to where we were normally all parked. Pierce was already on the driver's side but I stopped when I saw Mercury get into the passenger seat. I sent a look over to Triston and Juniper and they both mouthed 'Good luck.'

I knocked on the passenger side door as I earned a look from Mercury. I pointed to the backseat and she opened the door and pushed her chair up so I could get in the back of the car. I climbed into the back and made sure to smack the side of Mercury's with my backpack.

"Watch it you fucking bitch!" She snapped at me as she rubbed the side of her face. "Oops," I said sarcastically as I buckled up and Mercury slammed the door shut. Pierce reversed out of the parking lot and I had already known this was about to feel like the longest car ride ever. I stared ahead as I watched Mercury slowly reach her handover to Pierce's leg and slowly walked her fingers upward.

Kill me, please...

I averted my eyes and I saw Pierce glance back at me in the rearview mirror but I gave him no attention. I stared at the small back window for the rest of the ride and just waited to finally be home. I looked down at my phone to check the time and scrolled through my text messages and clicked on Tucker's. I twiddled my thumbs over the keyboard as I debated whether to send anything. He hadn't come to school today and no one has heard from him, but everyone didn't think much of it. I decided against it, and put my phone down, and waited for us to get to my house.