Chapter 36

"Are you sure you're ok?" Sawyer asked me for what seemed like the millionth time. I had gotten back from the hospital yesterday and everyone had been on me about everything. I did appreciate it but I wasn't someone who appreciated pity. Don't get me wrong, I was absolutely pissed about Archer and wanted to give him his own taste of medicine but Xander swore he would take care of him.

"I'm fine Sawyer." I insisted as her blue eyes narrowed down at me. She and Harley had been especially worried about me and after everything that had happened. I continued to walk into the study where Xander sat with Pierce as they were discussing something before going quiet as we entered.

Cocking an eyebrow at them I watched Pierce straighten his posture and back away from the desk he had leaned on. Xander's eyes had been filled with intimidation but apart from me he had felt lost. Xander did ban Archer with Mr. Gunner after what had happened since they were in on it together, they both had gone back to the city while we continued to all be stuck here.

"Aspen..." Xander trailed off "How are you feeling today?"

"Ok." I shrugged in response as I was more focused on what they had been talking about before I walked in and why the sudden silence. Pierce reached out for my hand before pulling me closer and pecking my lips. It was obvious Xander wasn't going to push Pierce and me apart after what Archer put me through, I was grateful that Xander had been more sensible.

"So Xander...what's the deal for tonight?" I asked, rocking on the balls of my feet as I brought up the question of New Year's Eve being today. There had been a huge party back in the city that was open to anyone at some hotel, we had all wanted to go and get out of this house for a little while but Xander wasn't exactly keen on the idea.

"I don't know, I don't think it's safe- I mean what if the Coinstons make an appearance-" Xander started, trying to come up with any excuse possible for us to not go. I could see why it could be bad but after everything that had been going on lately, we all wanted to just get out for a little bit.

"Oh come on, we've all been stuck here. The chances of them showing up at the same time or not that high plus I think we all deserve it." I tried to convince him, earning a look from Pierce and Xander. Xander sighed before narrowing his eyes at me "Fine Ambrosio, but only because of what happened yesterday. There will be many rules for this party."

"Oh thank fucking god!" June's voice exclaimed, making us whirl around to her walking into the study while the doors slammed behind her "I can't stand another minute in this house!"

I chuckled at her response while Pierce wrapped his arms around me from behind, pressing my back up to his chest and resting his chin on the top of my head. His touch still made butterflies erupt in my stomach and my skin shoot with electricity and I hoped that feeling wouldn't go away.

"Yes but no girls will travel alone. All of you are going to need a partner tonight, if anyone associated with the Coinstons comes we are leaving immediately." Xander warned, "Do you understand?"

"Yes sir." Juniper said sarcastically before looking over to me "We need to find dresses now!"

* * * * *

"I could not wait to get out of that house, I was about to go insane," Juniper exclaimed as we pulled up to the hotel. The hotel was in the heart of New York City, which had been two hours from Xander's country house but we all were happy to get as far away as possible.

The Hotel was named "King's Horizon Hotel," a building that was made out of pure window glass, seeing into the rooms of the hotel that was filled with people. The Hotel had apparently been owned by one of Gunner's old family friends- Valentino Derosa or Val for short. A self-made millionaire whose presence had been known well around the city.