Chapter 7

"Please explain to me why you've recruited me to a gang?" I asked once again, very confused as to why my brother would want his 17 year old sister and why I have no say in it. 

"Aspen, please." Aster sighed out of frustration, rubbing his face in hands. Evangeline went over to him, placing her hand on his back and gave him a peck on the cheek. I was in complete shock, that Aster would let this happen. That he seriously wasn't even going to fight it. 

"Wow." I clenched my jaw, looking off to the second before looking back at him "I cannot believe you. Some big brother you are. You know after how many years of you being gone, I figured you'd actually man up. First off not even telling me the truth about everything. I'm so done with this shit."

With that I grabbed my backpack and headed out the door, making sure it slammed behind me. Move to New York they said, it'll be fun they said. Seventeen year olds should be worrying about what they're wearing for prom or where they're going to college not about their own brother pushing them off into a gang for so-called protection. I wanted more than anything to just go back home to Washington, see my friends and my dad..

I headed down the sidewalk towards the bus stop. It was only 6:30, and I still had about ten minutes till the bus even arrived. It was freezing to say the least, and all I had on was a jean jacket over top my shirt. Throwing my head back, I looked up to the sky that was bright blue and clouds that blocked the sun's warmth. Taking a deep breath, I had no idea what was even going to happen today at school or even to me. I took in the quietness and watched the very few remaining leaves fall from their branches. 

My peace was quickly disrupted by a roaring of a car engine. My head whipped to the right only to see an all black challenger coming down the road. 

Great..Here we go..

The challenger soon came to a stop right in front of me, before the all black tinted windows rolled down only to reveal the one and only famous asshole of the universe. Started my day off fighting with Aster, and now this.

"Get in." Pierce demanded, narrowing his eyes to me. I rolled my eyes in response, shifting my backpack onto my shoulder before crossing my arms over my chest "And why would I do that?"

"I said get in." He demanded again, his tone cold and harsh. He was in no mood to deal with anyone telling him no, but lucky for him he picked the wrong girl for that. 

"Just leave me alone Gunner." I flashed him an obvious fake smile. He lit a cigarette before flicking off some of the ash outside of the window and placing it between his lips. Rolling my eyes, I let out murmured laugh. 

"What?" He gave me an intrigued look "Don't smoke?" 

I pressed my lips in a thin line between shaking my head no, and giving him a smug smile. I could never understand how people could smoke, or even give money to those company's when how many people have died and lost their lives. I couldn't get over the smell of them anyways. 

"No Gunner." I stood up tall "I don't smoke." 

"Oh so a last name basis we're on I see." He gave a not so warming laugh before his face became stern and cold, his eyes narrowing to mine "Now get in the fucking car before I make you." 

"Keep dreaming." I snapped, giving him a clear shot of my middle finger before I started to turn around and walk down the street in order to get away from no matter if I missed the bus. As I was walking down the street I came to a halt in my steps.

BANG! 

Jumping slightly, I stopped before turning around to see Pierce with a pissed off expression and a gun in his hand that he had just shot out the window. His eyes bored into mine and I felt my heart pick up in my chest, and like I couldn't possibly get my legs to work.