Chapter 43

"Tell me everything!" Juniper and Triston blurted as I walked up to our usual lunch table. We had gotten back to New York super early this morning, so I came into school halfway through the second block. I had missed English with them and haven't seen anyone in a couple of days since we left for Portland. I chuckled as I sat down at the round table, taking my usual seat. 

"Ok, I will. So we went to the metropolitan grill, a restaurant that I used to love in Seattle. He even got my friends from my old high school together, talked to Aster, and everything about contacting them. We skipped all the sightseeing and Pierce drove us to a cabin that he rented out for the night. He gave me this envelope which said a star had been reserved for me over Aspen colorado which is where my mom named me after." I paused before showing them the silver ring on my hand. 

"Oh my god!" Triston said in shock "He got you a promise ring?!" 

"Well, well, isn't it Mr. Romeo." June smiled widely as Pierce walked up to the lunch table, leaving a kiss on the top of my head before sitting down next to me. I let out a chuckle as I pulled out an apple from my backpack, my eyes snapping over to Mercury who gave me a glare as she stabbed her fork into her salad. 

"Oh so she gets a whole trip to Seattle and a promise ring but I couldn't even get you to buy me fucking rose?!" Mercury exclaimed, no longer holding back the anger that was rising within her. "Get over yourself." Pierce scoffed, rolling his eyes "Maybe you shouldn't have been such a fucking bitch when we dated and I might have been a little nicer."

"Oh, I'm the bitch? Not to remind you Pierce but you cheated on me with two other girls." She snapped "Just wait till he does it to you Aspen and I will be saying I told you to say. Pierce isn't the image he puts on." 

"But he's the difference, Merc." I smirked back at her "I'm not a manipulative bitch that threatens her life anytime something goes wrong. You and I will never be the same, so how about you let go of that idea right now." 

Mercury's brown eyes turned dark as they bored into mine, bringing the expression if looks could kill to life. She gripped onto her fork in a fist before throwing it into her salad, ripping her eyes away from mine as she grabbed her backpack and left through the cafeteria. I had known I'd face Mercury when I had gotten back and the jealousy that she built up within her, I just didn't think she'd burst out so soon. 

"Don't listen to her." Triston rolled her eyes, pushing her blonde hair behind her ears "She's just jealous, you're never going to win a fight with her because in her mind she will never be wrong and you will never be right."

I knew Triston had been right, no one would win a fight against Mercury because in her head she will never be wrong. She was one of those people who would argue to death even if they knew they were wrong but just couldn't bring themselves to admit it. I sighed as I looked down at the apple in my hands, suddenly having no appetite whatsoever.

 "How about you say we skip the rest of the day and all head over to the club?" Cypress suddenly changed the subject and I watched Pierce become tense. Pierce had pushed it past him to forgive Juniper but he still refused to even look in the same direction as Cypress. 

"Sounds good enough for me. I didn't do my English homework anyways." Mars shrugged, tossing a crumpled-up piece of paper into the middle of the table. I shifted uncomfortably knowing what has gone down at the club and how uncomfortable the thought of it made me. I knew it'd be different now and Pierce would be the one to protect me instead of forcing me into something. 

"Oh my god Mars, you have like a 60 in that class you're already failing." Triston rolled her eyes at him "It isn't even that hard. Mrs. Morgans is one of the most laid-back teachers there is. " Mars sent her an eye roll back in response, waving Triston off and I looked over to Pierce sharing a face of concern.