Chapter 38

"Aunt Deliah..."

I could hear Pierce's tone shift as the words broke out from his lips. I looked in shock at the women who stood at the counter next to Mrs. Gunner as they both had a cup of coffee in their hands. She had short blonde hair and bright green eyes that held a stare towards Pierce. She was very thin and about my height, dressed in a pair of dark denim skinny jeans with a red sweater that was loosely tucked into the waistband. 

She was nothing like I had pictured in my head and looked nothing like Mrs. Gunner who had been her sister. She was also years younger than Mrs. Gunner, probably in her mid-30's and I couldn't grasp that it was her standing in front of me. I glanced over to Reese who let out a sigh, looking down to the ground in defeat as I now knew why she tried to push Pierce back. 

Pierce's face when stone-cold, expressionless. His crystal grey eyes turned dark with anger and frustration as I watched him clutch his fist at his side. Mrs. Gunners shifted uncomfortably as she placed the mug on the counter "Pierce, I know you-"

"Get the FUCK OUT!" He gritted, his eyes glaring into his aunt that took his innocence. I was just as stunned as him, I knew the anger he was feeling- all the emotions he had been going through with just a glance at her. It was the same way I had felt when I saw Cayde at the club the other night, the gut-wrenching feeling that you just can't shake. 

"Pierce, can we please just talk?" Her green eyes flickered over to him as she began to approach him. She walked closer to him, her heels clanking against the floor as she began to reach her arms upwards. I stepped in front of Pierce, blocking her from getting to him.

"I believe he told you to get the fuck out." I gritted at her, holding a stern glare in my eyes as she looked up to Pierce who gave her no emotion but anger. "Must be his girlfriend.." She examined me before looking back at Pierce "I just need to talk to you, about everything."

"Everything?!" He shouted, his voice rising with anger "You want to talk to me about how you told me you had early Christmas presents for me but held me down and raped me at 13?! You want to fucking talk about how you fucked me up so badly, and took my innocence! How about we talk about the sex or drinking addiction I've had since I was fucking 14 just to numb the pain that you caused me!"

"If you would just me talk about it-" She started but Pierce shoved her back and Mrs. Gunner watched in horror, frozen in her spot. I was starting to realize Mrs. Gunner couldn't handle confrontation nor did she know what to do so she would just freeze, I'm sure it was a result of all the abuse Mr. Gunner put her through. 

"Get the fuck out!" Pierce spit in her face and grabbed the chair, chucking it into the ground as the wooden pieces broke into parts from the impact. Pierce turned around and walked upstairs, his footsteps pounding against the floor. I closed my eyes and let out a deep breath as I knew he just had to cool off, this was all coming to him as a surprise.

"I don't know you, but you have no right to be here after the pain you caused. He was thirteen and he trusted you, you deserve to burn in hell for what you did." I stepped closer to her as she looked shamefully at the broken chair "Now Leave or I will call the cops myself." 

With that said I didn't even look over to Mrs. Gunner and my eyes stayed on Deliah as she refused to make eye contact with me. I grabbed Reese's hand and pulled her out of the kitchen before squatting down to her height "I'm sorry you had to see that, just go to your room ok?"

"Aspen I'm sorry, I tried to tell him-" She started as the guilt washed over her as tears pricked her eyes. "It's not your fault Reese." I tucked a piece of her caramel brown hair behind her ear, she had blamed herself for not being able to stop him. I was shocked to see how much of a grasp or empathy she had on the situation.