Chapter 8

School dreaded as always, my anxiety was at an all time high after the text Pierce had sent me in the morning. I didn't want to be anywhere near him, I didn't like that he didn't have limits or empathy and made me question if he was a sociopath.

The words Tucker had said to me this morning had kept repeating over and over in my head. Why would he want to help me? And telling me to stand up for myself sounded easier than done, and wouldn't it just piss him off more.

The bell had rang, and everyone started to rush out of school. It was chilly, but not freezing even in December. I paced my walking, trying to avoid Pierce at all cost and maybe get lost in the crowd. Walking down the main staircase of the school, buses surrounded the school and I looked around for Pierce's black challenger but was not in my sight. Taking a deep breath, I figured he just decided to not and I could take the bus home.

Headed towards my bus I was stopped when a hand grabbed a hold of my bicep very tightly. Closing my eyes for a second, I thought of ways to get out of this.

Maybe just scream and hope for the best?

"Where do you think you're going." Pierce narrowed his eyes to mine. Our height difference was only four or five inches but he made me feel small anyways with how over dominating he was. "I thought I told you that you were coming with me, and last time I checked I didn't drive a bus."

I was going to make up some lame excuse, but then remembered what Tucker had said to me earlier and it was worth a shot. I just had to show Pierce I was not scared of him and he couldn't walk all over me with the fear he had over me.

"And last time I CHECKED, I don't take orders from you." I tested back at him, batting my eyelashes. His face looked like he had one thing on his mind, and it was nothing more than to just kill me.

"Don't start Ambrosia. What did I say earlier?" He reminded me of his threats from the car ride this morning "Now go get your ass in the car."

"And what if I don't?" I ripped my bicep out of grip that was tightening by the second, I was shocked I hadn't lost blood circulation. Acting like Pierce didn't scare me was harder than you would think. Pierce most definitely did scare me, and was my nightmare fuel.

"Get in the car." He repeated, narrowing his eyes directly to mine and giving me a warning look. I didn't move and stayed still. He soon grabbed my bicep tighter again and started to forcefully walk me towards the car. His grip tightened, and all eyes of other students walking by fell on us. We walked over to the challenger, where the rest of the gang stood outside their cars.

"Still playing babysitter?" Cypress teased, Pierce shooting him a glare. I looked over at Juniper and Triston, hoping they'd do something and suddenly regret not befriending Juniper as she seems to be the only with a slight bit of empathy and a brain for that matter. Pierce opened the passenger seat, shoving me in before slamming the door shut. I jumped in me seat slightly at the loudness.

"You taking her to the meeting?" I heard Mars ask, but his words were mumbled from the sound barrier that the window was creating. "Yeah." Pierce replied "Xander will have my ass on a stick if I don't. But we have to make a few stops first."

"Why does SHE have to go to the meeting?" Mercury interrupted "Let's face it, she's going to be killed anyways so why are we even recruiting her. The girl could throw on a decent pair of heels."

"You are so superficial Mercury." Triston rolled her eyes before turning to Pierce "But you are going to have to fix that before Archer starts flipping shit over being out of uniform."

"I know." Pierce said, before turning to Juniper "Can you grab shit for her?"

"For who?" Juniper asked, bouncing on her heels and Pierce gave her a confused expression. Her face fell from her cheery smile to stern "She has a name Pierce."