Chapter 1

"Last move, I promise." My dad forced a small smile, while handing me a brown cardboard box filled with some of my things.

"Where have I heard those words before?" I breathed out sarcastically, while starting to walk towards the house. The house was an old Victorian styled house, styled elegantly and went to great heights.

The house itself was a light worn out green, with a gray roof, some broken windows, uncut yard with leaves everywhere, a fence surrounding the front of the yard but opened to the sidewalk leading up to the front of the house.

Swinging open, the front door creaked when I saw my older brother Aster walk out. He was left in a white t-shirt and joggers. A smile broke out on his face as he came up to me and took the box out of my hand before picking me up off the ground and hugging me tightly.

My older brother Aster is twenty years old, and he's all I've got. It's always been just Aster and I growing up, we were best friends even though we fought endlessly. He moved out when he was 17, after our mom died and has been living by himself ever since. Aster had gotten a bad reputation back at Seattle our home town in Washington. He was constantly getting himself in trouble, was suspended 4 times from school before being expelled, he had been in juvie 3 times and under custody 8 times at the age of 16. My parents eventually had enough and sent him to military school. After he came back after a year, he moved out to New York by himself and has been on his own since he was 17.

As for me? Well I have a straight A+ report card and stay home every night and binge watch Netflix while stuffing my face with potato chips.

My mom died three years ago in a motorcycle crash. Aster moved away after that, leaving my dad and I. My dad is completely shut down by it and we've been moving all over Washington for a "new start" but it never works out. Aster offered for me to move out to New York with him, and my dad thought it was a good idea because quote "sibling bonding" even though ge was extremely hesitant on Aster being my guardian; the guy who can't even make craft mac and cheese.

Releasing from Aster's grip, I pulled back to look at him and he stared me in shock "You've really grown up..I mean-Wow."

"Well I hope so considering the last time you saw me in person was when I was 14." I gave him a fake smile. When my mother died, I constantly begged Aster to come visit but he always came up with some dumb excuse.

"Hey Aster." My dad breathed, holding a box in his hand while he looked around the yard "Are you sure you can take of her? I mean a teenager is a lot of work-"

Aster rolled his eyes at our dad, and took the box from him and handed him a glass bottle with a branded beer. He turned around, walking into the house which left my dad and I watch him walk away.

"Aster! Why do you have beer?! You're not 21!" My dad yelled after him, following him into the house and I sighed before picking the box I had off the ground.

"One last move, my ass."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Finishing off my room, I plopped back onto my bed and took a deep breath while staring up at the ceiling with numerous cracks in it. The bedroom that was now mine, was very small. I unboxed all my things and decorated a little bit to make it as homie as possible.

"Aster!" A girly voice yelled out from the hallway, and my eyebrows furrowed together as to who it would be since my brother lives by himself. Pushing myself up off my bed, I opened my door and saw a girl completely naked except for the white bath towel that covered her.

My jaw dropped and eyes widened as her eyes caught mine. "W-Who are you?" I stuttered out at the strawberry blond in front of me.

Her face flushed red, and I heard creaks coming from the staircase as Aster came upstairs and his face feel, before muttering under his breath "Shit."