Chapter 5

I heard the car door slam shut and I saw Aster's old pick up truck pull up to the side of the house, he got out and slammed the door shut. I flinched at how loud it was and was not prepared for what was to come and the lecture I was going to get. After the whole thing, it was well past when I was suppose to be home so Aster started to call and blow up my phone before I finally admitted what happened and where I was. 

Archer and the rest of the gang had arrived at the house now and all found out what Pierce and Mercury did. Some of them not seeing the problem with it, and some being sympathetic. I was standing on the front porch steps next to Juniper and Triston, with Pierce, Xander, and Archer to the sides. 

As Aster approached, Xander stepped ahead of me and Aster immediately shoved him, gritting "Get the fuck away from me." I had never seen him so mad before, his fist were clenched, and veins were popping. It looked like he was ready to kill someone. 

"Look Aster, I'm sorry this happened-" Xander begun "We told Pierce to watch over her, to protect her and her sake. You know they're gonna be after her, and Westwood isn't going to be able to protect her. You know you guys just can't." 

He was talking quietly, almost as if he didn't want me to hear. Aster kept glancing over at me before turning to Xander to say quietly "I can protect her myself. You keep Pierce away from her. And all of you stay away from her, or I will go to the police about this incident."

Aster pushed past Xander, and came up to me "Aspen let's go." 

"What was Xander talking about?" I tested. And Aster shook his head "It doesn't matter. Now get your bag and let's go."

"No." I crossed my arms "I deserve to know what's going on. I'm not leaving to you tell me."

"Aspen Seraphina!" He shouted "You will get your ass in that car now. Or I will be calling dad about this and you will move to South Carolina with him." 

I huffed, throwing my backpack over my shoulder and started to walk towards the car and Aster pointed a finger "You lay a finger on her. I will kill you myself, do you understand me Gunner? Stay away from my sister." 

Pierce didn't say anything but give him a look of amusement, obviously not taking him very seriously at all. I had gotten in the car and buckled up as Aster walked away furiously and got in the car. Not saying a word the entire ride.

* * * * *

I was sitting in my bedroom, staring out the window replaying the entire thing from the first night I moved here and the first time I saw Pierce. I wondered if moving here was a mistake and I tried to figure out what Xander meant when talking to Aster. My phone buzzed when I looked down to see a text from my dad.

Dad: Hey Kiddo, miss you like crazy! How's school going, make any friends? I hope Aster's taking care of you. Love you sweetheart. 

A smile appeared on my lips, I had missed my dad like crazy already and needed him right now. He always knew how to cheer me up and would get me chocolate chip cookie dough every time I got my period. After my mom died, and Aster kinda went off the rails my dad and I only had each other and we grew really close. I would've moved down to south Carolina with him but he has to move around every 3 months for his job now, and that wouldn't work with school for me. 

Me: Hey Dad, miss you too! School is school, and he sure is lol. Love you too! 

I heard Aster shout my name repeatedly, so I headed downstairs to see that Evangeline was sitting their in the kitchen at the table while Aster was cooking. She gave me a big smile "Hey Aspen."

"Aspen, Evangeline is going to be joining us for dinner tonight." Aster said as I took a seat at the table where the bowls were set up. Aster came around placing some spaghetti in our bowls before sitting down as well.