Chapter 44

"Are you sure you want to do this?" Pierce asked me for what seemed like the millionth time. It had been the next morning and after crying myself to sleep all night I could barely get what happened at the club out of my head. Xander had blown up Pierce and I's phone all night as well and after so many calls Pierce finally picked up. Xander apologized profusely but Pierce didn't accept it one bit.

 I couldn't even face Aster, I felt so embarrassed. I felt so gross, disgusting, I had scrubbed my body clean last night in the shower around two in the morning. Pierce on the other hand stayed with me through the entire night, not leaving my side once. I felt bad, keeping him up all night I was sure he was exhausted by this point. 

"Yeah...I can do it." I let out a deep sigh as we pulled up to the gynecologist's office. I had made an appointment back when I was in Portland in order to make sure I could get the earliest opening. I already had been nervous but the event that happened last night had worsened it. It wasn't just of what had happened yesterday, it dug up some buried memories of Cayde and how use to take advantage of me over and over again to get his satisfaction.

We walked into the office, it had been relatively cold and lit up with bright white overhead lights. The feeling of being in a gynecologist's office again made my skin crawl as I thought back to every time I would come and have to act like I was fine so they didn't suspect any type of abuse and assault. Walking up to the front desk, the woman who sat on the other end head, snapped up to me.

"Hi, how can I help you, dear?" She smiled cheerfully with her lips that were covered in a baby pink lipstick. She had a short pixie cut haircut that was filled with her ginger hair and her name tag read 'Sherry.'

"I, I uh- have a 9 o'clock appointment with Dr. O'Brien." I forced the words out, nervousness eating away at me. I couldn't wait to leave, I wanted to run out the doors and not look back but knew this was the right thing to do if I was going to continue to be sexually active. Going to the gynecologists was such a simple easy thing to do for most girls, but for me, it was my biggest nightmare. After you've been raped, you don't want anyone to look at you let alone touch you even if it was professional.

"What's your date of birth and name?"

"Aspen Ambrosia. January 14th." 

"Ok you're all checked in, you can take a seat in the waiting room and Dr. O'Brien will be right out with you." She flashed me another smile and I slowly made my way over to the waiting room. Taking my seat, Pierce sat down directly next to me and took my hand in his, intertwining our fingers together. 

"Baby you know you don't have to do this right now, we can come back another day." Pierce's crystal grey eyes flickered over to me. I stared down at the ground before lifting my head to look over to him. "No." I shook my head "I need to do this or I won't later. I'll be ok."

"Aspen Ambrosia, you can come right back with me." A nurse walked out, nodding her head toward the hallway she had just walked down. Pierce and I followed her into a room as she shut the door behind her. She put her hand out onto the scale which I stepped on, watching the numbers go up.

"5'8 and 130 pounds." She read off the numbers as she scribbled down the numbers into the char. I sat down on the edge of the patient's bed that was covered in a plastic white sheet as she took my pulse and blood pressure. 

"Your blood pressure is a bit high."

"Just nervous," I admitted and she nodded in response. I was sure it was high, my anxiety was higher than ever. She finished scribbling a few things down on the clipboard before handing me a hospital gown and heading out of the room. My feet dangled off the bed as I stared down at the ground and Pierce sat in another chair that was pushed up the light-colored yellow wall.