Chapter 6

"Aspen no, you're not going." Aster demanded as him and Evangeline stood in the the doorway of my bedroom. After I told Aster I was going to the party, he had basically had a heart attack and is now refusing to even let me leave the house.

"I'll be fine." I rolled my eyes as I snapped my gold hoop earrings in before standing up straight and turning towards them "How do I look?"

Aster jaw dropped and he immediately started shaking his head "No. Absolutely not. That top is see through. Get changed now, Aspen. You are not going to walk out of here looking like a stripper. Nope, not doing it."

"Oh hush." Evangeline smacked his arm before beaming at me "You look great Aspen, one sexy mother fucker." I chuckled and smoothed out my clothes, it was something I hadn't put on in a long time due to nowhere to wear it to. Although it was a black mesh shirt you could see right to black bra, it was still cute. And with a pair of high wasted jeans and a black belt, it was something straight out of a fashion nova ad.

I heard a horn honk out front, and I looked out one of my windows to see it had been Finn, right on time as promised. I grabbed my phone throwing it in my back pocket and hugging Evangeline then Aster.

"Bye, love you. I'll be home by midnight." I promised as I walked out of my room, and headed downstairs towards the front door before Aster could protest anymore. I was seventeen and with no real parents, it was time for the freedom now. I walked outside and Finn had parked across the street, but had gotten out of the car himself.

As I crossed the street, I heard a screech of tires and I almost jumped out of my own skin when I saw an all black challenger with black tinted windows. It was Pierce and he was an inch away from hitting me, on purpose of course just to scare me. I looked directly into the windshield and at the drivers side before giving a death glare then heading over to Finn's car where he asked if I was ok.

* * * * *

After the car ride, we arrived at a huge mansion which had been about 20 minutes away from my house. I texted Aster the address the minute I got there, and promised to be home by midnight again. Finn on the other hand was sweet, the car ride was just small talk about getting to know each other. He was very gentleman like which was a relief after being surrounded by guys who spit on and choke me.

It was your typical cliche party, go figure. Light's flashing and music blaring with teenagers on top of each like their life depended on it. Red plastic cups were scattered everywhere, and it was one those places where your time just seem altered.

"Want something to drink?" Finn asked and I nodded, before he took my hand and I followed him through the house as we made our way to the kitchen. There was every drink you could imagine from miller lite to pinot grigio wine. Finn poured two shots of straight whiskey, before handing one to me and I shook my head and decline "No, I don't drink."

"Really?" He gave me a shocked look "You striked me as a party girl."

I shook my head, giving a small smile "No, Seattle didn't have as many raging parties." I joked before I walked over to grab a can of soda and cracking it open. I knew all the rules of parties, as my dad drilled them into my head once I became a freshman when really parties for me in Seattle were just a bunch of kids playing 7 minutes in heave and spin the bottle like we were still in middle school, but it was better than doing lines of coke in the bathroom.

1) Never put your drink down

2) Never take drinks from anyone else

3) Never go alone/stay with your date

4) Always let someone who's not at the party know your address

5) Do not put your guard down

"Come on I want to introduce you to some people." Finn flashed me a pearly white smile before taking my hand, leading me out of the house and towards the pool area. He led me over to a group of people sitting in the hot tub all in bathing suits. I was in shock, not expecting that considering in was November in New York and people were really swimming but it had been on the warmer side lately.