Chapter 46

A://N Read this chapter carefully a lot of stuff is explained and important

(Also can we get this chapter to 500 comments because it's my birthday today!)

"Too bad it didn't work." 

Cayde's eyes went dark as the words left my mouth. He took no time but to lift his hand and smack me across the face, a feeling I was used to from our past relationship. No matter how many times he hit me, it would still sting. 

"Say it again. I dare you." He warned, inching his face closer to mine as I could feel his breath on me. His eyes bored into mine as his hand slid onto my bare thigh, making me shudder at his touch. Cayde's hand pushed the t-shirt further up my legs as they barely covered a portion of them and I took a deep breath in.

His touch was something out of a nightmare. I used to wake up in the middle of the night, screaming at the top of my lungs cause I dreamt about Cayde's touch and how his hands grabbed and strangled me. My dad would end up sleeping out in the living room so he could get to my bedroom faster to wake me up. 

Yet the doctors just passed it off as night terrors and that I would grow out of them. Which I did once I moved to New York, my only guess being because I was finally out of that room where he raped me numerous times and out of Washington for good. 

"Cayde,"  Atticus warned, making Cayde stand back up straight and slowly back away from me. I  looked around the room, my eyes focusing on each wall as I looked for an escape. A window, a door, anything that would get me out of this nightmare.

"Such a waste." Beverly scoffed as she rolled her eyes, crossing her arms over her chest. She had tanned skin and was Hispanic. She had long black hair that was pin straight with big brown eyes. "How the hell did YOU manage to get Pierce Gunner anyways? I mean have you seen the guy-" 

"Thank god someone said it. I stalk his Instagram at least twice a week and I cannot believe how he ever went for you." Harlow added before a smirk grew on her face "I'd cougar for him." 

"Sorry, he doesn't go for skanks." I snapped back, not wanting to hear about how these girls talk about Pierce. Ever since we started dating, that had been the problem, all I ever heard in school was how girls fantasize about being with him. Half the time I had to force myself to ignore the comments on his post from random girls, but I knew Pierce didn't think twice about them. 

"Excuse me?" Harlow blinked in shock at me as she pushed her brown hair behind her shoulders. I watched as she instantly became filled with rage, walking up to me with intent to beat the shit out of me while all I could do was sit, chained to a chair. 

Harlow was soon stopped in her tracks as Noah grabbed her arm, pulling her back. "Harlow, don't," Noah warned as he narrowed his eyes back at her. "Let go of me." She demanded, gritting the words through her teeth before pulling out of his grip. 

Noah's brown eyes fell as he looked over to me,  and I could tell he seemed to feel guilty for how they were treating me. He looked very familiar, I just couldn't figure out where I had seen him from. He was tall and about his early twenties with blonde hair that he had styled perfectly. 

"First order of business," Nixon announced, grabbing his cell phone before holding it up to me as the camera faced me "Smile, Ambrosia." I sat still, looking away from the camera as the flash went off momentarily. I already knew what the picture was for, they were going to send it to the gang and make them freak out. 

My mind immediately went to Pierce and I could only imagine how much he'd be freaking out right about now. I just hoped June was there to stop him from killing someone. I had no idea how they were going to find me, I'm sure we were in the middle of nowhere with no clues leading to them.