Chapter 19

TRIGGER WARNING: Prostitution, some scenes may be very uncomfortable for some readers.

The school had been closed for the week after the shooting had happened. They were still investigating who had done it with no tip-off to it be Knox Kingston. As well the students were trying to regroup while many of them were fearful to even go back and parents were furious as well for how anyone even had gotten in the school.

It was nearing the end of the week and wanted to be done after Pierce made me follow him around all this week doing drug runs. Xander and Archer decided to end Pierce's suspension early because of everything that had gone on.

We had driven through the streets as Pierce sped down roads and it was downpouring harder than what we use to get in Washington. Pierce didn't seem bothered by it although there were cars pulled over on the sides of the road due to the bad conditions but Pierce insisted it was fine and even slowed all the way down to 80 instead of 100.

Such a gentleman...

I didn't know where we had been going and Pierce refused to tell me but I knew it was something gang-affiliated. Pierce had been acting strange around me for the past few days and I had no idea why but did mention he had been living at Xander's and Harley had taken Reese while Mrs. Gunner and Mr. Gunner sorted their stuff out. But the move was only temporary.

We had soon come to what was a strip club. The neon signs pictured naked outlines of women and signs saying there were open. The sign above the entrance said "The Lily" and I knew this had been the strip club that the gang had run, profiting off the girls.

"What are we doing here?" I questioned, nervous as to why we just pulled up to a strip club. Pierce turned off the car and ignored my question as he ran inside. I hurried inside as well to be brought into a dark gathering area with many stages and poles that had been lit up by pink led lights. There were men everywhere with drinks in hand and money thrown onto the stages.

Pierce started to walk over towards the DJ who had been Theo, and whispered something to him and earning a nod. Pierce walked made his way to the back before entering the back room where Juniper, Triston, Sawyer, and Phoenix were

I froze when I saw them, all dressed in lingerie and stripper heels that I couldn't even imagine trying to walk in. Juniper sat on a bench as she lotioned up her legs and I walked over to her and Triston.

"I guess you weren't kidding.." I spoke up in shock. I had known about the strip club and how every girl had to do it but hadn't seen it to now and was just as a big of a shock seeing about it. They both looked up to me and Juniper put out a hand to me which I helped pull her up while she gained her balance.

"Oh come on it's not that bad." Juniper waved me off "You get to feel badass and sexy. It's all about how you approach it. It was this or prostitution so when you look at it; this is the way to go. Plus the money is good."

"Aspen!" Pierce shouted and I looked back at him as he nodded his head towards the other door. I bid my goodbyes to them and headed over to Pierce where he led me to the back and down a hallway. He stopped at a locker and punched in a code before searching through.

"Here." Pierce handed me what looked like dental floss. It was thin lace lingerie set for bottoms and a bra that was so see-through it left nothing to the imagination. I looked down at the set in my hands and looked back up at him with a 'What the -hell' look.

"Go put it on. We're going to try something."

"Try what?"

"Don't ask questions and just fucking do it." Pierce gritted "The bathroom is over there. Go change."