Chapter 42

"Come on you have to tell me where we're going!" I begged Pierce as we entered the city of Seattle. It had only been a couple of months since I had been to Seattle but it was home to me and anytime away from it felt like forever. After an almost four-hour car ride from Portland, we had finally made it to the city and I was beyond excited to be back. 

New York was a city that everyone wanted to see and be a part of, and don't get me wrong New York is amazing but Seattle will always just be home. Pierce refused to tell me the plans for today but told me to dress warm and be ready for anything. We could do anything and I'd be sufficed as long as I didn't run into any drama. 

My phone began ringing, making me reach into my back pocket and accept the facetime call from June. The call opened up to the video of June with her long blonde wavy hair and bright crystal eyes looking into the phone as Triston stood behind her. They both gave me a grin as they shouted into the phone "Happy Birthday!" 

"I miss you!" Triston took the phone from June as she blew a kiss into the camera. The rest of the Gunners had flown back to New York this morning, arriving about two hours ago. Pierce and I left so early in the morning we hadn't gotten a chance to see any of them. 

"Thanks, guys." I chuckled "I miss you too, but I'll be home soon." 

"So did Romeo tell you where he's taking you yet?" Triston wiggled her eyebrows as she and June held the phone far enough out so you could see the both of them in the frame. "Uh no." I bit my lip, glancing over to Pierce whose eyes were fixated on the road before looking back at them "Not yet."

"Well let me know everything that happens! And take pictures!" June narrowed her eyes, and I nodded in response. We bid our goodbyes before hanging up and I let out a sigh as I looked over to Pierce who was not budging at all to tell me what the plan had been for today.

We soon came to a stop as Pierce paralleled parked into a spot that was on the side of the street. I raised an eyebrow at him as he turned the car off and got out. He walked around to my side of the car, opening the passenger seat as I got out of my seat and pulling my leather jacket on as the damp air hit my skin. I did love Washington but I did hate the rain and how depressing it could make everything. 

I looked across the street to the Metropolitan Grill, a steakhouse that I had already been to once when my dad had turned 40. It was a super pricey restaurant and fancy, to say the least, a single steak could cost up to a hundred dollars hence why I had only gone there once even though I did love it. 

"Here? How did you know-" I started to ask Pierce how he knew I liked eating here, as it wouldn't exactly be anyone's first choice to take someone out for how expensive it had been. "I talked to Aster a bit about what we should do. He said you loved the food here but never got to go a lot." Pierce said bluntly as he took my hand and pulled me into the restaurant.

We were greeted at the doors, and I immediately heard jazz music being played throughout the restaurant that had a vintage feeling to it. The host led us through the restaurant as I looked over to the bar that was filled wall to wall with alcohol as the walls were engraved with great detail. The lighting was a bright light but dimmed to an extent, trying to make it more of a relaxing feel for the guest. 

She led us to the backroom and my eyes glanced at the table of 7 set with utensils that were wrapped and cloth as well as saucer plates and a glass of water in front of each seat. The seats were covered in black leather that looks like they had just been polished. There were centerpieces of flowers in the middle of the tables that complimented the cloth table covering well. 

My eyes widened as I saw the five people who had sat around the table. "Oh my god," I said in shock, immediately walking up to them and being pulled into a hug by each and every single one of them. I pulled back as I finished hugging each of them and looked between them and over to Pierce, shocked at how he was able to pull this off.