Chapter 47

⚫ Aspen Seraphina POV ⚫

"Get up." A voice ordered, making my eyes flutter open to see Knox standing over me. I had finally slept for the first time since I had gotten here, only because I had been so sleep-deprived. Although my sleep was just nightmares, the nightmares were just the same as my reality. 

Knox grabbed me by my arm, yanking me out of the bed as he began to pull me down the hallway. I looked around for a sign of what the time was but there was nothing. With all the windows boarded up and doors shut, there was no telling what time it was, making the minutes feel like a never-ending hour. Knox forced me down the corridor before we came to the main room. 

It had been the next day and after figuring everything out, I knew I was in danger. The Coinston's did all of this just to cause drama, only so they could get to me. I had known that meant I was in severe trouble because they would stop at nothing to get their made-up revenge. I racked my brain all last night as to why the Coinstons were working with the Vipers.

Coming to the main area, everyone's eyes snapped over to me. Knox pushed me into the middle of the room, making me look around to see everyone. My eyes Nixons and he pressed his lips in a thin line, looking away from me which made my stomach drop. I had known something bad was going to happen and I was just waiting for it to happen.

"We want to test your abilities. Seeing as Ashlynn Ambrosia was one of the most successful fighters within the gangs, we would assume it's only natural." Atticus's face turned from stone cold to cocky. My heart began to race in my chest but I told myself to stay calm, not showing any fear which they fed off.

"First up, Katarina." Atticus didn't take his eyes off me as Katarina approached closer to me. She walked out onto the blue mat that was placed in the center of the room. She tied her hair up in a ponytail as she cracked her knuckles, not taking her eyes off me. 

"I've been waiting for this moment." She scoffed as she took no hesitation but to swing at me. I immediately bent my body backward to avoid her fist hitting me, before gaining my posture again. Her eyes turned dark as she looked at me, clutching her fist before throwing it at me. 

I kept my eyes on whatever direction she was going to throw it, catching her fist in my left hand as my fingers grasped around her hand. Katarina's face turned frustrated as I blocked her punch and her eyes bored into mine. "Did Pierce teach you that?"  She teased, her voice filled with her ego that was just about to become deflated.

"No, but he did teach me this," I smirked back, quickly taking my hold on her and grabbing her arm before slamming her body into the ground. I watched as her back slammed against the mat, her head bouncing off the surface as she rubbed it with her hand. I looked back at Atticus and Nixon's faces who seemed to be amused.

"Oh come on babe," Knox called out to Katarina. Katarina forced herself off the mat, sharing a glare with me before walking off and over to Knox. Cayde took no time before walking out on the mat and I began internally cursing, knowing this wasn't going to go over well. I didn't know if Katarina had any humanity in her to not absolutely beat the shit out of me, but I knew Cayde didn't. 

Cayde would do anything to me, he still held every ounce of hate in his body against my body. Sure I tried to kill him how many years ago but you would too if you were in my position. I knew I couldn't just let him take advantage of me though, that this was my time to get back at him and show him I wasn't shy and frail little Aspen anymore.

"You have no long I have dreamed of this, Jezzy." He smirked, knowing that nickname got under my skin "Now just imagine if you would've never called the cops on me, we could still be together; like the power couple we were."