Chapter 2

"Kinda, slightly, a little bit-" I started pinching my fingers together with a small centimeter between them before my face became blank and I stared at Aster "Major bullshit."

"Sorry sis," He shrugged "I have work." Making me roll my eyes in response and grab my backpack to sling over my shoulder.

I had been fighting with Aster since this morning about having to take the bus to school. I mean I'm a senior, and almost 18 and I have to take the bus. Which I know, I know "first world problems." I'd have to wait to take a car loan out till I could get a job but Aster told me to just look around for now to see if any cars were being sold for cheap.

"Whatever. Bye." I sighed as I began to walk out the door before Aster stopped me "Aspen, have a good day. I know you don't want to transfer your senior year but Northeast is a really good high school. Just keep your head up."

"Easy for you to say." I muttered under my breath. I had not been happy about transferring my senior year of high school. When I left Washington it crushed me to have to say goodbye to my friends, the thought of starting over didn't appeal to me as I never liked change.

"You'll be okay." Aster reassured "Now hurry, you're gonna miss the bus." With that I turned around and walked out, letting the front door slam behind me. As I walked outside I looked over to the house, that Aster had warned me about last night.

Staring at it, it was a single that had brown paint, black shingles, and a white garage door that had been pulled down. It wasn't massive but it wasn't small, probably a three bedroom or so. During my stare the, front door had open and the same guy from last night had walked out, followed by a girl with blonde hair and blue eyes. She was slim, and probably about my height; 5'9 and she had a leather jacket on and ripped up jeans with a backpack slung over her shoulders.

She looked over at me, giving me a small smile and they had both gotten in the black dodge challenger, with that my bus had stopped at the end of my street, making me walk in as the doors had opened. As expected there were kids about the age of freshman and sophomores on the bus. Sighing I walked to the middle and sat down in seat 7.

* * * * * *

Once we had gotten to the schools, people spread everywhere throughout the property. Popping headphones in, I took a deep breath before heading into the beginning of the school. Pushing the entrance doors open, I had to figure out where the office had been. But being me, any type of human contact was not in the question.

After walking down corridors, I had soon found the main office. When I had walked around, there was a girl dressed in blue denim jeans, a white v-neck plain t-shirt, a leather jacket, and black stiletto heels standing at the front desk.

Ouch is all I could think. Talk about taking fashion over comfort..

She had blonde hair that was an average length, with some brown in it. Had a slim build, and seemed to be my height minus the heels.

"Miss Sullivan we have gone over this issue many times. It will not be revoked off of your record." The receptionist with a name tag that read Mrs. Davis on it.

The girl huffed, before whirling around and stopping when she looked at me. Her eyes meeting mine and a smirk tugging at her lips "A newbie."

"Miss Sullivan let's not antagonize the new students-" Mrs. Davis started, looking at me "Can I help you dear?"

"Uh y-yeah" I grabbed the papers that were folded from my black pocket and walked up to the desk "Just need to hand these in."

"Of course." She chimed, placing her glasses on in order to take a look at the papers "I'm Mrs. Davis, I'm the main receptionist. Welcome to North East high school."