|13| The Flying Car

The night before they were due on the Hogwarts Express Allegra had to spend it at the Burrow

The night before they were due on the Hogwarts Express Allegra had to spend it at the Burrow. Her Uncle had to be at work early the next morning for some important meeting, so he wouldn't have time to see her off. She packed her trunk and all other necessary belongings before flooing over.

"I have a great idea," announced Fred.

"He has a terrible idea," she mumbled into her cup. She was sitting with Fred and George in their room, each clutching a mug of hot chocolate. They all wore the custom knit sweaters Molly made them, and while the twins wore flannel pajama pants, Allegra wore cotton shorts. Her hair was tossed up in a messy bun.

"No, no, I wanna hear what he has to say," urged George, thinking that his brother, as usual, did in fact have a brilliant idea.

"Do you think I can fit fifteen of these marshmallows into my mouth?" asked Fred, holding up the bag of marshmallows given to them for their hot chocolate.

Allegra rolled her eyes. "You're a hazard to society."

"You're a coward. Do thirty," said George.

Fred grinned and started popping the marshmallows into his mouth.

"Do you think it's a bad idea we're still awake?" She asked, glancing over at the clock that read 1:52AM.

"Nah. We can always just sleep on the train," assured George. Allegra nodded in reply and sipped on her hot chocolate. "Have you seen Prue this summer?" He asked suddenly.

"Yeah. The last time I saw her was the day after my birthday to go have breakfast. Why?"

"Just wonderin'," shrugged George. Then a beat passed.

"How is she?"

Allegra held back a knowing smile. "She's good. She got muggle highlights, and is tan enough to be mistaken for an American California girl."

"Really?" Grinned George. She smirked in amusement, and George quickly composed himself with a cough.

"So...you and Harry."

"Oh, that's impressive Fred! What number are you on, twenty?"

"Seftn," he mumbled.

"Don't ignore the question. I'm just asking how things are between you two. You guys are, friends, right?" Teased George. Allegra wanted to smack that stupid grin right off his face.

"We're fine," she said. "I'm just happy that he's safe here and away from his awful family."

"You and me both," he agreed.

"Luk amm me," mumbled Fred loudly. They looked over to see Fred enthusiastically pointing to his puffy cheeks.

"Twene thix."

"Oh sweet Lucifer," she sighed looking down.

"You go Freddie! Only four more to go," encouraged George.