|32| You Fancy Allegra!

Allegra couldn't sleep

She was envious of the fact everyone around her was able to sleep so easily, so peacefully after finding out Sirius Black tried to break into Gryffindor tower. Dumbledore had ordered every student in all four Houses to sleep in the Great Hall while the Professors searched the entire castle for Black.

At first the Hall brimmed with a harrowing tension and terror that electrified the air. Added in with her own panic and obsessive thoughts, she felt on the verge of throwing up. Prue did her best to comfort her for as long as she could, and Allegra knew she had no right to be upset when her friend, along with everybody else, had fallen asleep by two in the morning.

It was now three in the morning and she was as awake as ever. Her body horribly stiff, and her mind overwhelmed by thoughts she wished she didn't think about.

"It's gonna be alright, Allegra."

She turned toward Harry. He was laying on his side in the sleeping bag next to her, gazing at her without his glasses on. He looked tired. She saw the aches of a century within this sweet thirteen year old boy.

"It's not me in worried about," she spoke softly. "We all agreed that if Black came to Hogwarts it would be for you and only you...he got so close tonight. He's here in the castle somewhere, a-and I can't, I won't lose y-"

"Hey hey, calm down. I'm not going anywhere," he insisted.

She shifted onto her side to face him as well, resting her hands beneath her head. She found herself staring into those blessed cursed green eyes.

Harry was first and foremost her friend; no matter what happens. She would ignore her heart and all things that threatened to ruin their friendship as long as she focused on the fact they would be there and help each other through everything.

And right now that problem was Sirius Black.

"Can you promise me we'll make it through this?" She whispered.

Harry didn't hesitate.

"I promise."

They fell into a comfortable silence. Eyes torn between drooping or gazing off at the enchanted ceiling scattered with endless stars.

Allegra zoned out, almost close to slumber when Snape's voice cut through her senses.

"The whole third floor and dungeons have been searched, Headmaster. He's not there."

"What about the Astronomy and Divination tower? Owlery?"

"All searched."

"Are you absolutely sure?"

"Yes Headmaster. All clear."

"Good, good. I must admit I was a little...worried, Black would linger."