|47| Beaxbatons & Durmstrang

Allegra stared off the month of October with a wonderful surprise

Being told she was going to be put under the Imperius Curse.

Professor Moody announced that he would be putting the Imperius Curse on each and every single one of them to demonstrate its power and see whether or not they could resist it.

"But you said it was illegal to use it on another human being," whined Odette Carmichael, a Slytherin girl, as Moody cleared away the desks with a sweep of his wand, leaving a large clear space in the middle of the room.

"Dumbledore wants you taught what it feels like," said Moody. "If you'd rather learn the hard way, when someone's puttin it on you so they can torture you, fine by me. You're excused. Off you go."

He pointed toward the door. Odette grumbled something about her mother hearing about this.

Moody began to beckon students forward and cast the Imperius Curse on them. Allegra watched one by one as her classmates did the most strangest things completely against their will. Robert sang his heart and soul out to the national anthem. Prue performed a series of astonishing gymnastics she knew damn well she would never have been able to do in her normal state. Sure enough, when Prue was set free of the curse she freaked out for about of minute of how she could've broken her neck.
Dozens of people had gone, and so far no one had been able to fight off the curse.

"Del Vecchio, you're next," Moody growled.

Allegra moved forward into the middle of classroom. The Professor raised his wand, pointed it at her, and said the words she dreaded to hear.

"Imperio!"

The most amazing feeling washed over her. She felt the oddest sensation; like she was floating as every worry in her head slipped away, leaving nothing but a vague, untraceable happiness. Everything just...evaporated. She stood there, immensely relaxed, barely aware that the whole class was staring at her.

Suddenly the echo of Professor Moody's voice: Dance, dance, dance filtered through some distant chamber in her void mind.

The simple command echoed in her head, and she felt her legs put themselves in the first position of ballet as her arms extended forward.

Her eyelids fluttered closed. She felt as though she were dancing on clouds. Her body seemed to call to mind effortless movements. Her mind was not impeded by any thoughts. It was nice that she didn't have to think. Didn't have to feel. All there was, was an odd freedom and liberation.

However, the feeling didn't last long. She wasn't sure how long she was under the influence of the Curse, but after a moment, that blissful feeling evaporated into nothing.

Opening her eyes, she flinched, becoming very, very aware of the way everyone was staring at her. All her classmates were silent. They were simply staring with dumbfounded expression. All the boys had their mouths hung open, dripping drool.