|5| Nicolas Flamel

The next morning Hermione waited in the common room for Harry and Ron to wake up

The next morning Hermione waited in the common room for Harry and Ron to wake up. She already saw Allegra head down to breakfast and wanted to wait for the boys so they could all remind her to tell them who this Nicolas Flamel was. After Allegra left their little group at the party, she basically stayed by Langston Eastwood's side all night.

Hermione had flipped through her books and found no mention of a Nicolas Flamel. She decided it would just be easier if Allegra told them instead of going down to the library.

"There you are," she sighed impatiently, making her way over to Ron and Harry, who had just descended the boy's staircase. She overlooked their messy hair and wrinkled clothes.

"We just got uuuup. What happened now?" Grumbled Ron rubbing his eyes. Hermione rolled her eyes.

"Allegra is down at breakfast already and she still needs to tell us who Nicolas Flamel is. Obviously, last night she never got the chance because she was with Langston."

Ron scrunched his face in disgust while Harry stiffened and suddenly found the table very fascinating.

"Oh right, the Ravenclaw."

"What do you have against Ravenclaws? Prejudice much," she scoffed with a cross of her arms.

"I don't really have a problem with them, but I think it would be more appropriate if Allegra fancied someone in her own house," he nodded resolutely.

"First of all she doesn't fancy him. Second of all at least he's not a Slytherin."

"Don't even joke about that."

"What's up with your-"

"Let's just head down to breakfast. I'm starving," piped Harry, promptly turning on his heels and walking toward the portrait hole. Her and Ron followed in tow before walking in pace with him.

Hermione glanced at Harry out of the corner of her eye. He was stiff, and his face had held a strange look since Langston's name came up.

She could put two and two together. Hanging around Allegra and Harry there was always some sort of...energy, in the air. A positive one, all right. The two could almost always sit in comfortable silence and talk about everything, anything, yet nothing. What she really noticed was the automatic smile Harry had every single time he saw the Second Year girl. It was as if he couldn't take his eyes off her. Yet there was something in his gaze...

Harry fancied Allegra, but even Hermione believed that was a reality he was avoiding.

She couldn't blame him. Allegra was a year above them and practically Ron's sister. Not to mention she had that cute Ravenclaw Langston Eastwood wrapped around her finger. Even she had to admit he was rather handsome. What Hermione had trouble deciphering was if what Harry felt for Allegra was just a silly crush, or something more.